Petition to uncloak secret copyright treaty

11 Responses to “Petition to uncloak secret copyright treaty”

1. Mujokan says:

Lots of people are getting worked up over ACTA. The TPP is much, much worse. It’s not exactly a successor to ACTA. It’s more like a new, darker chapter in the history of American trade agreements, which most Americans couldn’t care less about because mostly they only screw over poor people and help them die from AIDS.

Forget about MegaUpload. Do you care about access to generic medicines? It’s a bit more important.

• EH says:

It is a stalking horse, “if you don’t give us what we want, we’ll ask for something worse,” strategy. Textbook bullying.

2. delafield44 says:

Yes, TPP (or TPPA) is much worse than ACTA. But if we kill ACTA then it is much easier and more likely that we will kill TPP. So, we have to work on both.

3. Bobby Martin says:

BTW, I couldn’t sign the petition using either Chrome or Firefox.  I had to go in through IE – ugh :-(

• passerby says:

Worked fine for me with Chrome 16 on OS X Lion.

• Ted Lemon says:

I haven’t been able to get it to work with Chrome 18 on Lion.   It does seem to work with Firefox.   It’s really a pretty badly broken web site—almost as if they really don’t *want* us to sign these petitions…

4. Andrew Singleton says:

Signed from ChromeOS so I dunno what the problem was with you Bobby.

Sharing.

5. Michael Hasse says:

I got in fine w/FF, but the site is re-a-ally slow, so maybe other folks’ successes/failures were somewhat coincidental.
       But I have to ask, even allowing for slowness, I signed this a couple days ago – how the heck does it only have 672 signatures so far?!?

6. Rob says:

Laws written by the highest bidder seems to be the USAs major export.

7. Greggem says:

I had to click sign-in, there was nowhere to sign-in, click “forgot password”, go to a 404 not found page, use back on my browser (Chrome 16.0.912.77 m), and click sign-in again. Then I was allowed to sign in. Of course, I had to go back to my email to find my password because lastpass doesn’t pick it up.

BUT I DID IT. I SIGNED THE PETITION IMPOSSIBLE!