Nisha from the Open Rights Group sez,
Lawrence Lessig, Cory Doctorow and Wendy Seltzer will be leading this year's Open Rights Group conference (aka ORGCon) in London on 24th March 2012.
From the government snooping on your data to default internet blocking and monitoring to the corporate capture of state and democratic institutions - we'll be covering vast regions of the digital rights sphere. And there may even be a competition or two! Sessions will include:
* Lawrence Lessig on "Recognizing the fight we're in: A plea for some realism about IP activism"
* Cory Doctorow on "The Coming War on General Purpose Computing: The copyright wars were only the first level"
* Wendy Seltzer on the SOPA/PIPA challenge in the US
* Ross Anderson, Cambridge Professor of Security Engineering, on the problems with Anonymity in Open Government Data.
* Tom Lowenthal, Mozilla Privacy Expert, on the Do Not Track - tracking cookies, advertising and privacy
* Graham Smith, Legal Expert, on "'Have warrant, will extradite - copyright cops go international"
* Theo Bertram, UK Policy Manager for Google, and Jeff Lynn, COADEC Director, on the Communications Bill: Copyright Enforcement
And much much more...
BOOK YOUR TICKET NOW!
Announcing ORGCon 2012
The whole magic community mourns the passing of Eugene Burger, at age 78. One of the most influential magicians of the 20th century, as well as an exceptional human being, he will be sorely missed by a vast network of loving friends, students and fans all the world over. The impact of Eugene’s contribution to […]
Back in 2011, The New York Review of Books inducted Daniel Pinkwater’s classic Lizard Music into its canon with a handsome little hardcover edition; today they follow that up with a stylish, jazzy paperback, priced to move at $10.
My Walkaway book-tour is basically over, but I’m taking a little victory lap tonight at my local library, the Buena Vista Branch of the Burbank Public Library. Hope to see you there!
The Pry.Me Bottle Opener holds tens of thousands of times its own weight, and you can pick one up now from the Boing Boing Store.This remarkable keychain is considerably smaller than any of your keys, but don’t let that fool you: it can easily open any bottle, and could even tow a trailer full of […]
Guaranteeing your privacy online goes way beyond checking the “Do Not Track” option in your browser’s settings. To ensure that your internet activity is totally hidden from Internet Service Providers, advertisers, and other prying eyes, take a look at Windscribe’s VPN protection. It usually costs $7.50 per month, but you can get a 3-year subscription […]
This project management bundle will help you get organized and learn how to lead a team to success. You can pay what you want for these five courses when you pick them up from the Boing Boing Store.To help you become an invaluable asset for your company, this bundle includes a curated collection of professional […]