Nisha from the Open Rights Group sez,
Lawrence Lessig, Cory Doctorow and Wendy Seltzer will be leading this year's Open Rights Group conference (aka ORGCon) in London on 24th March 2012.
From the government snooping on your data to default internet blocking and monitoring to the corporate capture of state and democratic institutions - we'll be covering vast regions of the digital rights sphere. And there may even be a competition or two! Sessions will include:
* Lawrence Lessig on "Recognizing the fight we're in: A plea for some realism about IP activism"
* Cory Doctorow on "The Coming War on General Purpose Computing: The copyright wars were only the first level"
* Wendy Seltzer on the SOPA/PIPA challenge in the US
* Ross Anderson, Cambridge Professor of Security Engineering, on the problems with Anonymity in Open Government Data.
* Tom Lowenthal, Mozilla Privacy Expert, on the Do Not Track - tracking cookies, advertising and privacy
* Graham Smith, Legal Expert, on "'Have warrant, will extradite - copyright cops go international"
* Theo Bertram, UK Policy Manager for Google, and Jeff Lynn, COADEC Director, on the Communications Bill: Copyright Enforcement
And much much more...
BOOK YOUR TICKET NOW!
Announcing ORGCon 2012
The Nightmare Machine is an MIT project to use machine learning image-processing to make imagery for Hallowe’en.
The Stormtrooper Decanter is on back-order, but you can pre-order one from the next batch for £22 — it’s based on Andrew Ainsworth’s original movie helmet moulds from 1976, and will provide endless opportunities to point to lowball glasses and say things like “aren’t you a little short for a Stormtrooper drink?” (via Bonnie Burton)
Yahoo has released a machine-learning model called open_nsfw that is designed to distinguish not-safe-for-work images from worksafe ones. By tweaking the model and combining it with places-CNN, MIT’s scene-recognition model, Gabriel Goh created a bunch of machine-generated scenes that score high for both models — things that aren’t porn, but look porny.
Nothing is more frustrating than needing to edit or sign a PDF and not having access to the original document. That’s why PDFpenPRO is a must-have app in our books.With this extremely useful app, you can merge, markup, and create PDF documents without ever having to convert your PDFs into word processor file formats. Type directly onto […]
From self-driving cars to stock market predicting software to the recommendations you get on Amazon and Netflix, machine learning is at the core of modern technology. You could find yourself building technology that is literally changing the world with the skills you’ll learn in The Complete Machine Learning Bundle. This bundle of 10 courses includes 406 lessons that will teach […]
This Python Mega Course will help you learn to code by teaching you to build 10 real-world apps that each highlight a unique use of Python.Job prospects for coders are still growing steadily—and with Python being one of the most popular coding languages out there today, it’s important for job seekers to demonstrate a widespread understanding of the […]