LA folks: Amazing Dangerous Minds party Friday night, Masonic Temple

10 Responses to “LA folks: Amazing Dangerous Minds party Friday night, Masonic Temple”

1. joeposts says:

will be MC’d by “America’s Funnyman” Neil Hamburger

That right there is a reason to attend.

2. Andre Danylevich says:

Awesome!  Thanks for the heads up.

3. Stefan Jones says:

Will there be robot goats and secret handshakes?

4. PaulDavisTheFirst says:

Its hard to square this

The fine people at Mastercard PayPass® and Google Wallet have teamed up with Cool Hunting and Dangerous Minds

with the impression I’ve received about Dangerous Minds here on Boing Boing. but i guess i’m just old or cynical or both.

• joeposts says:

I had a similar feeling of uneasiness, and I’m a strapping young lad brimming with optimism. The plugs jarred me, and then the fact that Neil Hamburger was emceeing a non-Brylcreem® sponsored event confused me even more. Has America’s Funnyman become America’s Funnyman®? Or will he let loose with some of his patented crowd pleasers that have gotten him pelted with boos and sometimes heavier objects and risk the wrath of the credit card companies that have undoubtedly got him by his short and curlies?

• Xeni Jardin says:

Yo, parties don’t grow on trees. They’re sponsoring the event, and that sponsorship money makes the event possible! Don’t be hatin’.

• Anahata says:

Sure, there is a good argument to be made that one should never take corporate money. But Richard Metzger has a history of taking money from the corps, then using it to do truly subversive things. It’s kind of like he’s pranking them.

5. oldgrowler says:

They’re also doing this in NY, Chicago, D.C., and S.F.

6. Ok, I’m gonna just go ahead and say it:

I think Spoek Mathambo’s “Control” is even better than the original.

I hate high-concept videos like that though.  They really just detract from appreciating the music.