Einstein's papers digitized

16 Responses to “Einstein's papers digitized”

1. Jeb Adams says:

Einstein uses CGS! Breaks my heart a little as an SI man, myself. It’s going to make these harder to read and understand for me.

2. awjt says:

That is the weirdest cursive capital E I’ve ever seen. It’s like a drawing of a sperm with a dorsal fin.

3. Mr. Spocko says:

When Einstein was a child and blurted out in class the wrong answer to a question because he was over thinking the definition of something, like Kilometers per hour, did the person he was talking to say, “Way to go EINSTEIN!”

If he answered a question that was clearly “above” his perceived intelligence did his teacher say, “Who do you think you are, Newton?” (which genius did they use to compare him to?”

If Einstein came up with that kind of ground breaking insight today working for the Wall Street (who hires lots of math geniuses)  what would they say?

“That’s very clever,  Einstein. That and a three bucks will get you a latte. The question is, “How can you monetize this? How can we use this to work the system

• Brainspore says:

4. Mark Dow says:

If you’re in a car going 3.6×10^3 cm/sek, and light travels at 3×10^10 cm/sek, how long does light take to go 3×10^10 cm?

5. Eric says:

one sec please

6. G. Danken says:

aww, it’s in German.

7. Bik Dhaliwal says:

why has this been kept in the first place?

8. Emanuel says:

I have seen a photo of a 1905 (Annus Mirabilis) manuscript of the paper. Einstein did not use the letters E=mc^2 at all. I did just google it and found that he started using those letters at least ten years later. His first handwritten and first published version did not even isolate E on one side of the equation as far as I recall. I have seen the paper and English translations on line and am amazed at how short it. Like maybe four pages.

9. Now, we have to have someone do the Curies. Do you know that the pages are (still) radioactive enough to warrant them being stored in a lead box?