Before the Lights Go Out, my book on the future of energy in the United States, comes out on April 10th. I'm going to be traveling a bunch over the next couple months, doing presentations and panel discussions in several different cities. I wanted to take a minute to post the list of events here. Events are grouped by month. I've put stuff that's planned for May, June, and July under the cut. Hope you can make it to one of these events!
• March 27 at Penn State Institutes on Energy and the Environment: "6 Things Scientists Can Learn From Science Journalists", 4:00 pm in 112 Walker Building.
• March 29 at York College of Pennsylvania: "Putting the Fun Back in Infrastructure"—7:30 pm in WOLF 204 DeMeester Recital Hall.
• April 4 at MIT: "Shedding Light, Online", a discussion about how blogging and a dynamic audience helped shape my book, Before the Lights Go Out—4:00 pm in Maseeh Hall. Please RSVP.
• April 6 at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. Details TBA.
• April 9-13 at University of Colorado, Boulder: 64th Annual Conference on World Affairs
• April 10 at Colorado State University, Fort Collins: "Putting the Fun Back in Infrastructure"—3:30 pm in the Rocky Mountain Innosphere.
• April 21 at Science Museum of Minnesota, St. Paul: Earth Day Tweetup event with Will Steger and Sean Otto—events run 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
• May 2 at University of California, Berkeley: "Putting the Fun Back in Infrastructure"—6:00 pm, location TBA.
• May 3 at the American Institute of Architects, San Francisco Chapter—Lunchtime lecture, time and location TBA.
• May 3 at Barnes and Noble, El Cerrito, Cali.—7:00 pm.
• May 30 in New York City—Panel on local and DIY energy with the New America Foundation, date and time TBA
• June 22-25 in Aspen, Colorado: Aspen Environment Forum
• July 5-8 at CONvergence in Minneapolis, Minn.—exact times and dates TBA