Gross and tantalizing menu from the Explorer's Club dinner

20 Responses to “Gross and tantalizing menu from the Explorer's Club dinner”

1. Shinkuhadoken says:

The pan… it keeps staring at me!

2. bcsizemo says:

It’s things like this that almost make me glad I’m not part of that 1%…

3. CaptainPedge says:

Did anyone else think “Kungaloosh!”

4. Good taste: the final frontier.

5. Halloween Jack says:

What percentage of people toasting each other with cow-eyeball martinis will go with “Here’s looking at you, kid”?

• Woodrow_Wilson_Smith says:

No, no.  “Here’s looking at you, CALF.”  “Kid” would require GOAT-eyeball martinis.

6. PinkWithIndignation says:

It kind of sounds like they are eating food a crazy hobo found in the dumpster of a fancy restaurant that he decided to spice up a bit with “ingredients” from other dumpsters. Or like food Bender would make. “You meat sacks eat flowers, right?” Or like eating with Ki. Hey, it’s all bio-mass, right? The unappetizing food jokes are endless!

7. You Nexus, huh? I design your eyes.

8. blueelm says:

Is this the dinner where some one served the hissing cockroaches?

*reads*

Oh I see it is.

Looking at those eyeballs takes me back to high school. Some of those don’t sound so unusual though such as ostrich,elk, grouper, or octopus. Jellyfish is very good I think. I don’t know why it isn’t more popular, it’s also much more sustainable than many meats. The whole thing though does kind of make me think of those stories of the dowager empress Cixi. I guess really though that all glamorous foods are similar in this way. It’s just that we’re not accustomed to thinking of these foods as glamorous.

9. Hanglyman says:

Cherry tomatoes? That’s disgusting!

10. Ambiguity says:

Orchids (edible)…

Glad they cleared that up.

11. millie fink says:

Hey, “seaweed” is NOT disgusting. Unless, maybe, you’re not used to eating it. Enough with the Eurocentric bias, plz.

• Hanglyman says:

Indeed. I find it hard to believe the same people eager to try scorpions and cow eyeballs have never had a sushi roll before, either.

12. cdh1971 says:

I’ll just leave this here….click pick to enlarge…

13. GyroMagician says:

Are those really cows eyeballs? They don’t look big enough. Pygmy cows, maybe?

14. Ninabi says:

Bovine eyeballs are up there with spinal cords and brains on the list of high-risk-for-BSE animal parts.    Not sure the gooey, chewy mouthful would be worth it to me.