Racist pants

30 Responses to “Racist pants”

1. Brainspore says:

“Dammit, I told the marketing team to put out a new line of KNICKERS!”

2. What the what…? How did this even happen?

3. Adam says:

i’m guessing this isn’t an AF-sanctioned site. looks like someone trying to use their brand or maybe abuse it.

4. ChicagoD says:

This is a joke right? I kept looking at the url and expecting to see the Onion or something.

Also, 42 pounds for pants on sale? WTF?

5. j.black says:

Oh, giiiiiirl.

“Abercrombie and Fitch brand has been attracting the young market to the greatest extent.They are in love with these products,for they perfectly suit their looks.The reason of success of A&F is the dedication,which you can see in its stitching,designs,detailing,fabric and color contrasting.It pays attention on each and every detail of the garments and accessories”

Puke!

6. MrEricSir says:

These pants will go well with my i.Beat.Blaxx MP3 player.

7. Xeni Jardin says:

Should be noted:

Network Solutions Whois shows that the abercrombie-and-fitchoutlet . com domain where this (totally uncool content) appears is owned by bizcn . com, a Chinese company. Abercrombie & Fitch Inc doesn’t own the site, or approve or control any of its content as they might with the official website: abercrombie . com. In other words, it’s a rogue third-party reseller in China, not Abercrombie & Fitch, that is responsible for the problem.

[EDIT] Actually, it looks like a likely phishing site. I wouldn’t stick my credit card up in that bizness.

8. Dagny Scott says:

More like “Chinese counterfeiters should probably hire at least one native English speaker”.

9. Bas den Bode says:

I tried to chat with their customer support, but don’t get an answer when I confront them about the offending name..

10. hymenopterid says:

–Reads headline–

Racist pants? Mark, how can pants be racist?

–Follows link–

OK, that’s how.

11. Bas den Bode says:

“Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.”

• mat catastrophe says:

See, the problem is that you are trying to get a legitimate response from an illegitimate company.

Let it go.

12. dmsa says:

I might get a pair since I have to wait until Memorial Day to wear my Cracker White pants.

13. SomeGuyNamedMark says:

Buy a pair and get a free white hood while supplies last.

14. obeyken says:

Do they have anything in a Cracker White?

• Mister44 says:

Makes me wonder if they still use that shade in the UK? Does the n-word  have the power there that it has here.

15. LinkMan says:

When terms like this sneak into Chinese dictionaries it can be very, very difficult to get them out.