Hidden links between #Kony2012, "The Family," and Uganda's "Kill the Gays" bill

17 Responses to “Hidden links between #Kony2012, "The Family," and Uganda's "Kill the Gays" bill”

1. goldenearth says:

Yeah, but we have to get together and take down Kony and get him out of power.
    The Kony video told me so -

Wow, this is a great report. I’m not surprised that the slick makers of the Kony propaganda film have shady connections. Excellent!

• mccrum says:

The connections are only shady if you hate Jesus.

You don’t hate Jesus, do you?  If so, I have a lovely video here from the makers of Kony 2012 that will change your mind and bring you back into the fold. And while we’re at it, I’m thirsty, would a quick drink of this perfectly harmless liquid relax you as well?  Would you like to smell my handkerchief?  Someone said it smells like “chloroform,” whatever that is, want to see?

• Paul Renault says:

Me, I don’t hate Jesus.  After a while, I figured out that he never existed – you can’t hate something that doesn’t/didn’t exist.

• crackfox says:

You should do your research.  Even if you don’t believe the whole “virgin birth/died for our sins” thing Jesus definitely existed and it’s wise to acknowledge his role as an historical figure.

• Ryan says:

On the contrary, there is no contemporary evidence that Jesus ever existed.

• Paul Renault says:

Don’t you remember that fake ‘James, brother of Jesus’ ossuary from a few years back?

I remember a quote from a Roman Catholic priest who said something like “This is the first piece of evidence we have that Jesus actually did exist.”

• Summer Seale says:

@boingboing-78288c7898fdad99aee06e3b42213c7b:disqus The ossuary was faked. It’s a forgery. So even their “proof” is a forgery.

2. hypersomniac says:

Hey buddy. You’re rockin a tee with a tyrant’s name on it. Herp. Derp. Check out this Pol Pot hanes I got for ya, bruh.

3. voiceinthedistance says:

These are not simple times to engage in self-hatred.  Sometimes it takes a good deal of work.

4. Jorpho says:

This was hinted at in Charlie Brooker’s amusing commentary, as seen in the earlier “Musical Comedy” (brrr) post.

How utterly dreadful.  The Family gives me the willies.

5. That_Anonymous_Coward says:

If they keep making videos and taking out the “bad guys” do they not understand it means less distractions from the evil they do?

6. Is it me, or does the guy in the suit have Lizard eyes…

7. benher says:

Remember when Kony was an island?

How naive do you have to be to believe that American forces can go into yet another country unasked, and fix their problems for them? Isn’t the last half-century proof at how shitty we are at this?

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Most Americans and, funnily enough, anyone who inhabits 10 Downing Street, seem to feel that the US should forcibly rule the world.