Linux Tycoon game simulates making your own Linux distro

16 Responses to “Linux Tycoon game simulates making your own Linux distro”

1. Andrew Lighten says:

Seriously, guys — April Fool’s Day has been and gone.

2. Gets my irony award: it’s closed source.

Added coding my own FOSS version to my todo list … just, because.

3. As someone who builds and maintains a Linux distro, I’m not entirely sure whether I should be offended or not.

4. Jorpho says:

In much the same way that unleashing disasters upon a bustling metropolis can be very satisfying in SimCity, I’d very much like to know more about what possibilities exist in this game for watching everything fall apart spectacularly.

5. inkfumes says:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

6. Steve Pan says:

Can’t wait for the DLC where you have to  deal with flamers and trolls on your forum and NPCs who try to fuck the developers upstream for shits and giggles.

7. MrEricSir says:

If nothing else, it sounds more fun than Street Cleaning Simulator.

8. SoItBegins says:

I’ve bought the game, and sadly (while I had high hopes for it) it proves to be rather minimalistic and boring. Instead of the experience of building a distro from a very small thing to a robust thing I was hoping for, there’s two counters that matter: “Bugs” (try to keep it down) and “Workers” (try to raise both Volunteers and Paid). And that’s it.

I recommend saving your $4 for the next Humble Indie Bundle, instead.

9. Hubris Sonic says:

chicks gonna diggit…

10. Well Done Sir,thanks for the information.

11. health-today says:

12. show me says:

If nothing else, it sounds more fun than Street Cleaning Simulator.

13. Daneel says:

I’d rather play Advanced Lawnmower Simulator.