PREV • INDEXNEXT

That does it! You are NOT ALLOWED to visit the Tom the Dancing Bug website!

What's that? Okay, young man/woman! You're ALSO not allowed to follow Ruben Bolling on TWITTER! Any more back-talk? I didn't think so.

23 Responses to “TOM THE DANCING BUG: Super-Fun-Pak Comix, Featuring Thrilling Post-Apocalyptic Adventures, and MORE!!”

1. James Mason says:

Uranus jokes never get old.

2. Brian Hagen says:

I  saw an identical cartoon about time travel (and universe moving) about 3 weeks ago.. from someone else.  Of course.. now I can’t find it. (possibly because the universe moved)

• Ashen Victor says:

Why don`t sci-fi shows or movies never have to cope with the “Everything is moving in the universe” problem?
      That´s a big ass problem.

• Sagodjur says:

The TARDIS deals with it by being both a time machine and a spaceship.

• Dan Hibiki says:

Damn right it’s a big ass issue, you go forward a few thousand years and next thing you know you’re smashing face first in to Uranus!

• hypnosifl says:

Wikipedia’s time travel article has a discussion of this here. Technically, the whole idea of disappearing in one time and then reappearing at the “same place, but a different time” doesn’t make sense anyway, because in relativity there is no unique location in the past (say, one day ago) that’s the “same place” the Earth is now (that would seem to presuppose the idea of absolute space which doesn’t exist in relativity). Probably the most scientifically “realistic” form of time travel would involve traveling through a wormhole, and in that case, where you appear in the past would depend on where the mouth of the wormhole happened to be located at that date.

• Stuart Smith says:

Since gravity bends space-time under relativity, a time machine could follow the curve of the gravity well backwards, allowing you to retain your current position relative to the nearest planetary body. Such a system seems quite practical, and far more plausible than the existance of time travel itself, so to my mind, problem solved.

Oh, heh… Someone else beat me to it. Oh well.

• EvilTerran says:

I’ve seen a fudge involving the local curvature of spacetime caused by mass… ie a time travel system where you tended to stay in place relative to the astronomical body that was affecting you most gravitationally. Seemed reasonable — I mean, if you’re gonna allow time travel…

• Raymee says:

Correct, my dear EvilTerran…, a mass of fudge has, over time, traveled through, and then out of, the astronomical body. Reasonably, gravitational forces tend to have placed the curvature-ish pile relatively below Uranus.

Now back to your Evil-doing…..

3. Tom says:

I love Dinkle!

4. estragon_nyc says:

I fear the day is approaching when I start to identify with Superhero Fantasies for the Middle-Aged even more than I do with Louis Maltby!  :-(

5. Percival might be done for in this one, eh?  Now that the elephant in the room, you know, the first several Dimensions, have now come into play, this whole notion of ‘easy’ time-travel will come to an end.

6. miasm says:

Came for the gravity well, left with Uranus.

7. Stefan Jones says:

Obviously, time travelers must makes leaps of exactly one year into the past or future, so that the Earth returns to the same point in its orbit and will be waiting for them when they arrive!

8. Wimpyboy says:

SORRY! That was me. I moved the table to vacuum the carpet.
    Which, I might add, you’ve made an awful mess of.