PixelTable is a storage unit on one side, table on the other.

11 Responses to “PixelTable is a storage unit on one side, table on the other.”

1. mack says:

(Picturing the Harvey Lime scenes from “Brazil.”)

2. planettom says:

Similar to those metal-rod things that you press your hand or face against and get a sort of bas-relief of your hand or face (I don’t know what you call those), if I press my hand or face against this, do I get a sort of Minecraft rendition of that body part?

3. Kommkast says:

If you can fully remove the sticks, I see no reason why it would be an annoyance.

• bob d says:

Since all the inner pieces are resting on top of each other, removing them doesn’t do anything but create a cavity under the table-top.  (Though it also prevents you from pulling any out to use as shelves.)  Hey, a box that’s open on two ends!
      Not too useful.

4. Flashman says:

Plus very heavy, very hard to move around, and expensive. A nice idea though.

5. suburbanhick says:

I vote for tedious. Actually, more like irksome.

• Donald Petersen says:

I think I might like it better if each stick had a small knob (or better yet, indented finger-pull) so that one could pull out sticks rather than go ’round back and push them out exclusively.

• benher says:

I’m with you. The smoothness and ease of pulliness would probably be proportional to it’s ease of use… but I can imagine endlessly (I’m OCD) trying to perfectly re-align all the truant pixels so they are flush.

6. Daemonworks says:

I wouldn’t say tedious so much as pointless. I’d just pull all the sticks out and use them to make some shelves or something.

7. IronEdithKidd says:

If anything, I’m annoyed by the ease of replication and price so odious it’s not listed.

8. sweetcraspy says:

If this box is placed in a corner to be used as a couch end table or a night stand, it will be impossible to use it both for storage and table space, because one of the active faces will always be difficult to access.