Haunted soundtrack for 1960s TV from a parallel world

14 Responses to “Haunted soundtrack for 1960s TV from a parallel world”

1. Matthew Saunier says:

Ghost Box, why do you insist that I buy an awkwardly-shaped analog vinyl dongle to enjoy your music? It’s 2012. It’s The Future. Just torrent it and then politely ask for my money, which you will receive.

2. David Pescovitz says:

Or directly from the label’s site as MP3 or FLAC…

3. vertigo25 says:

I came to comment that it was on Spotify and iTunes. Alas. Too slow again.

I’m listening to it on Spotify right now, and it’s pretty great. I was hoping that all of the tracks had the In Search Of vibe that Summer Round does, but this is not the case. They all definitely have this nostalgic 60s/70s TV soundtrack inspiration, though. Some are far more bright and less haunting and have more of a PBS edu/tech (or “Look Around You”) vibe.

Very great stuff all-in-all.

• vertigo25 says:

Also… where do they find these “library music of yore” samples? Does anyone know of a collection that would be in the public domain and available on the interwebs? Maybe something good on archive.org?

4. I LOVE this stuff. Ghost Box’s other stuff, for example the recent album ‘As The Crow Flies’ by The Advisory Circle, has been on heavy rotation in my ears recently.
    What has been described as “hauntology”, if you like labels…

5. usonia says:

Weird coincidence wednesday! I just found this last night on Spotify.
    Well played, BoingBoing.
    Also: this “parallel world” also includes Gelg and Boards of Canada and Edgar Wright’s feature length DON’T, right?

6. Rich Keller says:

Is it too late to say, “Whoa… trippy”?

The visuals remind me of entoptic form constants after pressing on my eyelids for 5 minutes or so.

7. The little booklets in the belbury poly CDs are fantastic (the music is too). Though it was several years ago when last I a Belbury Poly CD Bought.

8. Brian Horst says:

reminds me of Perspex’s “Satan’s Come, Bang The Drum…”