Scathing response to a stupid legal threat from a sharp lawyer

18 Responses to “Scathing response to a stupid legal threat from a sharp lawyer”

1. KBert says:

Bumptious!
    Follow the UPDATE link…

2. farcedude says:

*Standing Ovation*
    I love how, after two pages of extremely well cited legal smack down, he lays “the Streisand Effect” on them. I just hope Ecologica’s lawyer knows when to quit and go home.

3. robuluz says:

Man, that lawyer dude is in with those Etsy chicks!

4. eselqueso says:

I picture him looking and talking like the lawyer (Brian Unger) on Always Sunny in Philadelphia when Charlie challenges him to a duel.

5. farcedude says:

Also, if you look here:

And scroll way down towards the bottom, you’ll notice a bill of lading. Look at the consignee:

Howard R. Schechter and Mariana C. Schechter.

So: brother/sister, or husband/wife? Any bets?

6. Palomino says:

There is  an Esty seller who I tried to get barred. He’s states “This is a print of an original photograph of a Banksy graffiti art. The image is 8×10 and is professionally printed on 8.5×11 archival Kodak paper for true colors and decades of enjoyment.”

I performed a TinEye image search from his site, 27 results, his was number 19.
    Scammer.

7. Warren_Terra says:

Pretty good response to an asinine lawyer letter, but I don’t think it beats this classic:

Dear Mr. Cox:

Attached is a letter that we received on November 19, 1974. I feel that you should be aware that some asshole is signing your name to stupid letters.

Very truly yours,

CLEVELAND STADIUM CORP.

James N. Bailey,
    General Counsel

8. Nezrite says:

Wow, I’ve actually become able to identify Ken White’s work from a mere snippet!  <3 Popehat.

9. anansi133 says:

From the headline it sounds like the stupid legal threat came from a sharp lawyer.

10. Talia says:

I have to wonder a little if Mr. White is more flattered or creeped out by the comments on that link. Hehe. Goodness his newfound legions of fans are, um, ‘adoring.’ :p

Good for him though.

11. picklefactory says:

This is the same outstanding fellow that dreamed up ‘snort my taint’ in re: cancer quack PR guy. :D

12. Kl-0 says:

First of all, god bless the Popehat guy. Secondly, the real joke in this message is when Popehat says (I’m paraphrasing) that he has only seen this kind of demand letter from the mentally ill or pro se litigants (Pro se litigants are those who represent themselves, and who generally aren’t attorneys, but who often like to try to rock crazy non-existent causes of action and defenses and generally make everyone in court giggle). Good stuff, and I cannot recommend Popehat highly enough.