New Dark Knight Rises trailer

28 Responses to “New Dark Knight Rises trailer”

1. Tyler Riddle says:

I wonder how long Chris Nolan can hold out and produce new Batman movies with out jumping the shark like all previous excursions into this franchise. If this movie winds up tolerable they could always try Batman vs Predator vs Aliens vs Cowboys and to jump the shark even higher, Batman vs V.

• Batman vs Battleship vs Tetris.

• Ramone says:

Well technically, there was only one other version. They just swapped out actors like James Bond. The solution was to not have Tim Burton produce and not have Joel Schumacher direct.

• toyg says:

I believe this is meant to be the conclusion of his trilogy. Whatever happens to the franchise after that, it’s probably not going to be from Nolan.

• BarBarSeven says:

Some of us really don’t like the whole dark, brooding & overly serious tone of these films at all. One of the reasons I liked Sam Raimi’s “Spider-Man” so much is how much “fun” the whole film was. Peter Parker made the best of being a poor kid with newfound powers.  Now in Batman, everything is overly dour, serious, dark & “important.”  Not a fan of Nolan.

• TheMudshark says:

It´s almost as if the tone of those films fit the tone of the comic books they are based on … weird.

• BarBarSeven says:

They fit the tone of a certain era of these comics. They do not define the tone of Batman—or comics—in general.

• TheMudshark says:

Spider-Man has always had a more upbeat tone than Batman. And Batman comics have had a darker tone for at least the past 20 years. If you´re going to  make a film adaptation you might as well base it on recent source material.

I´m not saying I don´t like 60s Batman either – it´s a lot of goofy fun. 90s Nipple-Glitter-Batman however just doesn´t fit the character, whichever way you look at it.

Personally, I enjoy Nolan´s Batman very much, except for Bale´s Bat-Voice™.

Now if you want to talk about comics in general this is going to be a very long thread.

2. Terry Border says:

I predict that Batman will survive to make sequels and reboots forever and ever.

3. LinkMan says:

I’m happy to pay $15 or so to watch them blow up the Manhattan and Williamsburg bridges in IMAX. But why is the image reversed in that scene?

4. That really didn’t make me want to see this movie.

5. SavvyTennisBalls says:

Calling it right now, Joseph Gordon Levitt is Robin.

• Stooge says:

Too simple. My money says Wayne knows he has to die, so he grooms Levitt’s character as a replacement, just in time for the big post-mortem finale.

• Jesse Ewles says:

Robin sucks. Nolan wouldn’t put him a movie. Read Knightfall / Dark Knight Returns / No Man’s Land and you’ll get a better idea of what the film is about.

6. GIFtheory says:

Batman in da burgh: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=mellon+institute&hl=en&ll=40.446784,-79.950986&spn=0.025801,0.026565&sll=40.446784,-79.950986&sspn=0.025931,0.026565&hq=mellon+institute&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=40.446786,-79.95111&panoid=cgYURRrabfUhP3JYLmUTpw&cbp=12,175.78,,0,-20.21.

7. MollyMaguire says:

Damn, Bale is still using that raspy creaky voice when he puts on the suit. I was hoping that would change…

8. oneeyedkatmane says:

Batman will never die…what’s the point of having a timeless hero…that dies…Batman will go on….the surface has only been scratched as far as ideas for new movies…only small bored minds would give up on him now…There always needs to be a hero that fights evil…Batman is that hero!

9. Aleknevicus says:

avoid the latest one for Prometheus, which gives too much away

Couldn’t agree more. I’m excited for Prometheus and so have been unable to resist viewing the trailers, but I wish I had. Far too expository.

10. devophill says:

They made Bane more intelligible. Perhaps too intelligible…

11. yupgiboy says:

I can’t believe how some people are claiming that the PROMETHEUS trailer is ‘giving too much away’ when no one has seen the movie yet. It just may be giving next to nothing away except for the initial setup. I doubt Ridley Scott would let the people handling promotions at FOX release a trailer he didn’t pre-approve and Scott doesn’t like to give too much away. Remember the original ALIEN theatrical trailer? It showed everything and nothing at the same time.

I saw the new International trailer and I don’t feel cheated in the least. I’m actually more excited to see it than I was before.

• penguinchris says:

I agree that everyone’s probably wrong about the trailer giving too much away. I’m still not going to watch it, though, and I’m grateful for the warning. I was hooked from the initial teaser trailer and I’m going to see it as soon as it opens, so why potentially ruin any surprises?