Prosecutor rates Law and Order: SVU episodes for technical accuracy

9 Responses to “Prosecutor rates Law and Order: SVU episodes for technical accuracy”

1. Brainspore says:

I’d like to see an expert rate “CSI” for technical accuracy but I don’t know if there are many bloggers with a background in both criminal proceedings and magic fucking powers.

2. So, JOE FRIDAY on “Dragnet” was lying when he uttered his zinger “Just the facts, ma’am”?

Pretty soon we’re going to find out that these TV cop shows use fake guns and fake murder victims.

3. signsofrain says:

Folks, leave the police work to the police
    Just wanted to mention I think this is a good example of cultural indoctrination. The idea that only the police can solve crimes or help people is ridiculous. Using the mistaken pepper spray as an example is particularly illustrative of that. ‘Cause the police neeeever pepper sprayed anybody they shouldn’t have…. or, you know, murdered people or animals for no good reason.

4. “A caped crusader calling himself Phoenix Jones…was arrested in Seattle after pepper-spraying a crowd of innocent club-goers in the mistaken belief that he was breaking up a fight. Folks, leave the police work to the police…”

Because, you know, when the police fuck up like that they don’t get themselves arrested. Just smacked lightly on the wrist and sent back out on patrol the next night.

• blissfulight says:

They get smacked?  News to me.  I thought they got a two week paid vacation, and then a promotion?   Confused.

• SedanChair says:

Phoenix Jones and his band of weirdos was downtown again yesterday, “guarding” the courthouse during the May Day protests. Way to guard the wrong shit, genius

5. BrotherPower says:

I couldn’t get past the Val Kilmer reference. What year is this?

• Brainspore says:

Maybe she chose that reference because Val Kilmer was the last guy to play Batman in a suit that had fake rubber abs but didn’t have bat-nipples.

6. Jack Redelfs says:

I wish the original blog post author had bothered to check his facts. Yes, Phoenix Jones was arrested, and yes, all charges against him were dropped rather quickly. The “innocent club-goers” were actually assaulting other people and Jones was able to produce video evidence that he was doing the right thing in stopping them. Not to say that Jones isn’t a total nut tilting at windmills, but it bothered me that he was impugned in this way when he was cleared of wrongdoing in this particular case.