A 23-year-old Nebraska man, previously named Tyler Gold, shall henceforth be known as Tyrannosaurus Rex Joseph Gold. In sworn testimony, Tyrannosaurus Gold explained that his new name was simply "cooler" than the old one.

16 Responses to “Stating the obvious”

1. fuzzyfuzzyfungus says:

Don’t you have to defeat the ghost of Jim Morrison in single combat to be crowned the lizard king?

2. Alan says:

I hope he has an appropriate tattoo to go with it.

3. funkyderek says:

Tyler Gold is a pretty cool name – a lot cooler than, say, Derek Walsh. But Tyrannosaurus Rex Gold is over-egging the cake a little. If anyone ever asks, “Wow, how did you get such a cool name?”, his answer: “I gave it to myself and submitted the appropriate paperwork to the government” will remove any trace of cool the name might have given him.

• Derek Walsh is a great name – much better than, say, Gabriel Nagmay.

• funkyderek says:

That’s an awesome name. Your first name is Gay and your surname is an anagram of “gay man”. As long as you’re gay, that’s the coolest name you could have.

• chenille says:

You can put a pretty good spin on the filing cost, though: They don’t call me Tyrannosaurus Rex for nothing.

• penguinchris says:

I don’t agree that Tyler Gold is a cool name. I guess I just don’t like the name “Tyler” – so I can empathize with him for changing it to T-Rex. Gold could be a cool last name if paired with the right first name.

Unfortunately, Tyrannosaurus Rex Joseph Gold doesn’t really work either. T-Rex Gold, maybe.

4. planettom says:

Suggestions if he has kids:
    Solid Gold
    Booster Gold

5. I know a guy who had his name changed to Captain Hook Popemobile McLain

6. Lobster says:

Now he needs to find a lovely lady named Dromiceiomimus to hit on/discuss linguistics with.

7. Noam DePlume says:

Conveniently, people can still call him “Ty” (if they originally did, and he’s cool with it).

8. Ipo says:

Name translated:  Tyrant lizard king increases gold.