Stating the obvious

16 Responses to “Stating the obvious”

1. fuzzyfuzzyfungus says:

Don’t you have to defeat the ghost of Jim Morrison in single combat to be crowned the lizard king?

2. Alan says:

I hope he has an appropriate tattoo to go with it.

3. funkyderek says:

Tyler Gold is a pretty cool name – a lot cooler than, say, Derek Walsh. But Tyrannosaurus Rex Gold is over-egging the cake a little. If anyone ever asks, “Wow, how did you get such a cool name?”, his answer: “I gave it to myself and submitted the appropriate paperwork to the government” will remove any trace of cool the name might have given him.

• Derek Walsh is a great name – much better than, say, Gabriel Nagmay.

• funkyderek says:

That’s an awesome name. Your first name is Gay and your surname is an anagram of “gay man”. As long as you’re gay, that’s the coolest name you could have.

• chenille says:

You can put a pretty good spin on the filing cost, though: They don’t call me Tyrannosaurus Rex for nothing.

• penguinchris says:

I don’t agree that Tyler Gold is a cool name. I guess I just don’t like the name “Tyler” – so I can empathize with him for changing it to T-Rex. Gold could be a cool last name if paired with the right first name.

Unfortunately, Tyrannosaurus Rex Joseph Gold doesn’t really work either. T-Rex Gold, maybe.

4. planettom says:

Suggestions if he has kids:
    Solid Gold
    Booster Gold

5. I know a guy who had his name changed to Captain Hook Popemobile McLain

6. Lobster says:

Now he needs to find a lovely lady named Dromiceiomimus to hit on/discuss linguistics with.

7. Noam DePlume says:

Conveniently, people can still call him “Ty” (if they originally did, and he’s cool with it).

8. Ipo says:

Name translated:  Tyrant lizard king increases gold.