Cannibalism as a cure

15 Responses to “Cannibalism as a cure”

1. Am I the only one who’s now got that damn Buffet song running around in his head after reading that book title?

2. Am I the only one who’s now got that damn Buffet song running around in his head after reading that book title?

3. Teller says:

The eating of human flesh is dappled by the cucoloris of myth.

4. A tincture of Egyptian mummy might just do the trick!

5. TheMudshark says:

“Apparently, the pills, made in some parts of China, are sold as treatments for impotence”

It’s always impotence, isn’t it? The more absurd and otherworldly the treatment the more effective. If unicorns ever existed, I’d have no doubt about the cause of them going extinct.

6. teapot says:

C’mon guys we shouldn’t question the wisdom of ancient eastern medicine practices.. They are like, totally legit. Some people in Cali told me so it must be true.

7. May I take this opportunity of emphasizing that there is no cannibalism in the British Navy. Absolutely none, and when I say none, I mean there is a certain amount, more than we are prepared to admit, but all new ratings are warned that if they wake up in the morning and find any toothmarks at all anywhere on their bodies, they’re to tell me immediately so that I can immediately take every measure to hush the whole thing up.

8. niktemadur says:

Cannibalism cures my cravings for human flesh.

9. Neil Stewart says:

The London Review of Books has an article on these books, sadly behind a paywall: http://www.lrb.co.uk/v33/n23/michael-neill/physicke-from-another-body

10. cleek says:

i’m guessing that, at some point, legislatures made laws forbidding these practices, and social conservatives complained that the liberals were persecuting them.