32 Responses to “Buttocks Humanoid that Represents Emotions with Visual and Tactual Transformation of the Muscles”

1. splashu says:

I love that one of its primary expressions is the ghetto booty cheek dance.

2. IvonaPoyntz says:

Bizarre, totally engaging

3. kmoser says:

Back that thing up. (The software, that is.)

4. I’m half-smiling, half freaked-out that someone thought to make this. I hope they weren’t serious. The most disturbing thing about it is the respirator noise coming out of it as it clenches.

Now if they could only teach it to talk, it might stand a chance of becoming the next Prime Minister of Britain.

There’s no end of things to say about this. (Can it bend a dime? Make a diamond out of coal?)

5. ROSSINDETROIT says:

They tried a robotic head but this just holds people’s attention better.

6. Jack Daniel says:

This has the makings of a new cableTV police drama about a gifted, but brash rogue detective capable of solving crimes simply by reading people’s butt emotions.

By season 2, his nemesis, and former love interest, creates a robotic butt implant capable of foiling our hero’s abilities, and then proceeds to go on a vindictive crime spree …something…something…

Never trust a big butt and a smile.

7. Terry Border says:

The farting sounds were totally unrealistic.

8. Robert says:

That thing sure is butt-ugly.

9. Tom says:

I have the weirdest boner right now..

Actually no I don’t. This falls square in the uncanny valley dep’t.

10. EricSchrepel says:

Declared major: mechanical/electrical engineering.

Implied major: robuttics

11. Preston Sturges says:

I invoke Rule #34 !

12. Phil Fot says:

I think it would have been better had he relied on compressed air bottles rather than a compressor to achieve the movement.

I think using a hydraulic system would have been better, too. Air-power actuators are always noisy. A hydraulic system is much quieter.

But other than that, it’s a damned odd project.

13. cjporkchop says:

I want this thing to sing nearby while I spank and caress the robot butt.

14. Preston Sturges says:

The Uncanny Valley smells like ass.

15. angusm says:

If it weren’t for the fact that I can’t even get past the phrase “buttocks humanoid”, I think my brain would explode from grappling with the idea of expressing emotion through buttocks.

I mean … with the possible exception of sexy dancing … does anyone express emotion with their buttocks? Has the phrase “Read my buttocks” ever been uttered non-ironically? Did Shakespeare perhaps intend to write “Your butt, my thane, is as a book. Where men may read strange things”? Have I been missing out on subtle and not-so-subtle emotional cues that everyone else is getting by close scrutiny of each other’s buttocks? And more to the point, what are my buttocks saying about me?

So many questions. The Uncanny Valley deepens with frightening speed.

• Jerril says:

We express emotions with our entire bodies – whether anyone is paying attention to the body language of your ass is irrelevant to the fact that you’re reacting full body anyways.

Heck, I’ve read and heard enough pithy variations on “his asshole was puckered in fear”, and understood it every time. There’s VERY FEW people who get to see my asshole in a situation where it’d be doing that, but it goes ahead and and does it anyways.

The question isn’t “does your ass have body language” it’s “Why is someone making a robot to express ass body language?”

16. Mark Dow says:

Butt, does it float?

17. RJ says:

Christ, what an asshole.

18. Rich Keller says:

Was this project inspired by text from a Captcha?

19. Vodeeodoe says:

Wait, is my ass that loud?

20. vrplumber says:

O sex toy industry, you cheeky monkey, don’t feel the need to couch your technological advances in any other terms than promoting enhanced masturbation.

21. noggin says:

I, for one, welcome our new buttocks overlords.

22. Jeff Erickson says:

‘Cause silicone parts are made for toys.

23. Antinous / Moderator says:

It’s Refucki-Annie.

24. mdot says:

In the beginning while watching this I was puzzled as to why someone would go such lengths to make this mechanical ass. I was trying to figure out practical uses for such a creation and how it would be a benefit to researchers and in the field of robotics. Then the guy started spanking and caressing the thing and suddenly I understood. I think I have been in academia long enough to have forgotten about human nature.

25. blueelm says:

I would like to see this video edited to a Bounce track.

26. Nicola Mary says:

“I’d like to… ass…you a few questions” like how the heck do I embed video? :p