How to: Make a unicorn

9 Responses to “How to: Make a unicorn”

1. GeekMan says:

:D

Great follow up to your previous post (which seemed to summon some trolls). Maggie, you absolutely rock.

2. Stefan Jones says:

While a horn is a necessary first step, it’s not a unicorn if it doesn’t fart rainbows.

3. Alex Needham says:

This happened to my cat, right on the front of his head!  The horn eventually went away on its own.  I don’t know if we took any pictures of it

4. What luck!  The British Library recently announced the discovery of a long-lost medieval cookbook with, among other things, a recipe on how to cook a unicorn.   Beginning with the phrase “taketh one unicorne”, the unicorn recipe involves marinading the beast in cloves and garlic before being roasted on a griddle.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it…

• wibbled_pig says:

Cmon now, the english were known for their incredible ability to roast things on the spit, somehow I doubt you’d be cooking something horse sized on a griddle..

5. I was expecting this post to be about this guy, who turned young goats into “unicorns” by surgically uniting their horn buds.

6. oldtaku says:

Where’s the glitter? I’m not seeing the glitter here.

7. Keith Tyler says:

As I recall, old sideshows would raise a young goat and use rope and what not to jam its horns tightly together, and after a few years, bam, unicorn.

8. First Last says:

That would certainly possibly give you a horse with a horn. It wouldn’t, however, give you a classical unicorn which differs significantly from a horse in having cloven hooves, often a beard, and a tufted tail.
    /moments of great pedantry