Support Tom the Dancing Bug and receive BENEFITS and PRIVILEGES by joining the INNER HIVE right now!

"My only argument with Ruben B. here is his apologetic tone for asking you to pay money for early access to his very good comics —- that is to say, something that YOU LIKE AND WANT.  DO NOT APOLOGIZE, RUBEN." -John Hodgman, INNER HIVE member since two weeks ago Discuss

54 Responses to “TOM THE DANCING BUG: What Mischief Does Li'l Mitt Get Into This Time?”

1. Nice work as always Ruben.

2. Grey Eyed Man of Destiny says:

Isn’t the tireless repetition of the etch-a-sketch soundbite exactly the kind of unsubstantial political punditry we claim to hate? Unless I’m missing something (which is often the case), it seems like the humor in the first two panels boils down to “Remember that etch-a-sketch gaffe that Romney’s staffer made? Well here’s a caricature of Romney as a boy holding an etch-a-sketch! Biting! Hilarious!”

Nast rolls in his grave, and my smug sense of superiority over the brainwashed right erodes just a little bit more.

3. KanedaJones says:

as always the republican response is not an answer to their own behaviour but just the usual “your guy did it too so there!”

I dunno how that addresses Mitt being a dick.

4. I’m going to start posting Comment Removed as my comments. Makes for far more interesting imaginative responses.

5. princeminski says:

Comment removed. What’s the frequency, Kenneth?

6. UncaScrooge says:

I find it hard to get upset about Mitten’s history of teenage bullying.  After all, I was mercilessly harassed by homophobic yahoos when I was a teenager and to this day not one of them has managed to hold an office of any importance.

• llazy8 says:

How rich was your high school?
      (Even though, yeah, I think there’s something to your observation as well.)

• nachoproblem says:

Ditto, and my high school was pretty darn rich.

• Donald Petersen says:

Mine was not a high school for people destined for greatness, or at least notoriety.  (Its notable alumni consist of a couple of pro athletes of yesteryear, and a pioneering nudist.  If there is such a thing.)  Still, the bullies and homophobes did pretty well for themselves.  I think cases like Romney and Bush 43 are the rule rather than the exception.  Entitled goons who represent the Establishment to a T… why would they not succeed?

• ocker3 says:

I think the problem is that it wasn’t just high school but apparently University as well, and it’s also how he’s reacting to it now by attempting to minimise it rather than manning up for a past mistake, apologising and moving on.

7. pjcamp says:

Either Mitt shaves higher than most, or the unibrow is a little bit of editorial license.

8. Al Corrupt says:

This comment has not been removed, yet.

9. Kaleberg says:

Someone has to mention Reginald Van Smelt, the Mitt Romney prototype from Archie Comics. So there …

10. Ito Kagehisa says:

“There’s a wild and crazy man inside of there just waiting to come out” — Ann Romney

11. SomeGuyNamedMark says:

That would be Li’l Bush

12. Capital_7 says:

Turn your gaze inward, into that pool of dark imagination and fevered delusion you Reptiles use to justify screwing everyone over.  You’ll find it there.

13. Nell Anvoid says:

Wrong strip. You want something over at Fox.

14.  Awwww, li’l Barack smoking dope would be ADORABLE.

15. noah says:

Wow!  You really nailed Obama by repeating things he wrote about himself in his own best-selling memoir 18 years ago!

16. Navin_Johnson says:

Bumping a line or pushing a girl, is weak sauce compared to an adult age, gang of preppy jocks beating a guy (for no reason other than his looks or perceived sexuality) and cutting his hair off.  A complete act of vicious assault and public humiliation.

Also, can you quote the info regarding the little girl?  I keep trying to find a legit source for it and all I see is vague references to Obama’s own book.  I don’t plan on reading it, and I’m more concerned with him dropping bombs on people than pushing girls he had crushes on when he was 10 or whatever…

17. Jesus says:

Something tells me rich young Mitt had access to much better quality cocaine than Obama did. He just doesn’t have the stones to admit to it.

18. mstrohb says:

But it was just youthful hijinks!

19. ChicagoD says:

And if you don’t they will know that you are making a new statement, not necessarily tied to anyone else’s statement. Oh, and “fuck” or whatever.

20. Grey Eyed Man of Destiny says:

(after a bit of fucking forehead rubbing it appears that Kaneda’s post was a response to Alan Anderson).

21. royaltrux says:

He might have screwed up, but, recently I hit reply, was informed that I was logged out, jumped through that hoop, page refreshed with me logged in and my comment in place, clicked submit, and voila! My comment was not in reply, just sitting on the bottom like a new comment.

22. Donald Petersen says:

Now that’s a bit more like it.

23. Navin_Johnson says:

Or what Stalin did!  amirite?  Since we’re making random excuses for Romney’s assault.

24. dragonfrog says:

True, although if you’re looking for someone substantially less likely to assassinate further US citizens without due process, Mitt is probably not your guy.

25. estragon_nyc says:

Here’s an article that seems to cover the relevant info for anyone who isn’t a crazed ideologue:

26. Dan Hibiki says:

nah, Romney will make “pressing the trigger” due process.

27. VicqRuiz says:

Which is why I’m inclined to vote for Gary Johnson.  We aren’t required to vote for lizards just because they are squatting in the top two slots on the ballot.

28. Antinous / Moderator says:

Sometimes Reply randomly fails just by submitting. If you want, just redo it and edit the first one to say Delete. It’ll get swept out eventually.

29. Anahata says:

That actually touches on the way this comic misses the mark. Mitt wasn’t a 9-year-old when he and his friends assaulted their classmate. He was 18. Ruben makes it look like he was a little kid when he did it.

30. ldobe says:

Is there any age where it’s okay to be a real dick?  Is there any age where it’s okay to gang up on another person and assault them?

RE: Anahata
    I absolutely agree with you. Just couldn’t resist an opportunity at being pedantic.

31. Anahata says:

For some reason, I can’t reply directly to ldobe – there’s no option for it. So, to answer your silly question, obviously it’s never ok. But if you can’t see why it’s misleading and softens the horror by portraying Romney as an elementary school kid rather than as the 18-year-old adult he was, then I don’t know what to say to you.

32. SomeGuyNamedMark says:

I assume this is satire on the “boys will be boys” b.s. excuse that is usually used as a defense.