Optical illusion tees look different depending on your perspective

17 Responses to “Optical illusion tees look different depending on your perspective”

1. Meh. No Fear and Mossimo have been doing this for decades.

2. Rider says:

I think saying these are optical illusions and look different depending on how you look at them is a bit of an overstatement.

3. nox says:

I can’t be the only one who finds the r-rated ones to be completely obvious regardless of perspective. Think we should warn them?

4. inedible says:

You can make your own with a program called Rasterbator.

Anyways, I don’t think that this qualifies as an optical illusion any more than the screen you’re looking at now. If you press your face up against it, you see red green and blue dots, but from a distance you can read this text. So what?

5. registeringforyetanotheraccoun says:

And the guy modelling is wearing camouflage pants and has a Zelda tattoo.

6. Jason Carl says:

Goddammit, I have to sweat off my love handles.

7. chris jimson says:

Looks like the “hidden” skull from that Hans Holbein painting.

8. rattypilgrim says:

Not an optical illusion. It’s the way photos in newspapers used to be printed called “Ben Day dots”. It allows gradation in  B&W images. These t-shirts use blown up Ben Day dots, like looking at an old newspaper photo with a magnifying glass.

9. penguinchris says:

I agree that it’s not necessarily that original or even very effective at its purported purpose, but I still think it’s pretty neat.

I’m not into the whole skulls thing myself, and I rarely wear graphic t-shirts, but if these came in different designs and if I had money I’d be tempted. It’s a cool effect even if it’s been done before. I like this version more than similar things I’ve seen in the past.

The non-skull one they have I like too, but I think it’d be better with a different image.  The boobs (which I assume is the “R-rated” part they’re mainly referring to) and other bits are clearly recognizable no matter how you look at it. Something more extreme (like the hidden skull that @twitter-87239128:disqus refers to, I’ve always liked that one) would be better.

Might have to rip off this idea myself. I can think of some more geeky type things that might work well.