Let's kill CISPA: America's universal surveillance law

11 Responses to “Let's kill CISPA: America's universal surveillance law”

1.  I hate myself a little every time I shout “WHOMEVER” at my monitor.

2. SBBoston says:

In Italian, “cispe” (singular, “cispa”) are the little, nasty, aggravating crusts that form around the eyes and nostrils when any tears and mucus secrete are not promptly cleaned and dry up. CISPA is thus an unfortunate idea beginning with its very name

3. Powell says:

Is it just me or does this seem futile?  I have emailed/called reps before about [INSERT ACRONYM OF THE MONTH], and it never seems to do any good.  Seems like resistance within the system is a joke.  Maybe I am jaded, but doesnt it seem like ‘they’ just will keep bringing draconian bills forth one after the other till they get what ‘they’ want?

• Cory Doctorow says:

These are the people who led the fight against SOPA and won. They need your help to do it again.

• Cowicide says:

We hold them at bay until we vote them all out on their arses.

• Sometimes it’s not about winning the fight.

If CISPA passes it will almost certainly effect me in some way, eventually.  But I can’t even make a futile democratic gesture against it.  I’m a citizen of another country.

4. IronEdithKidd says:

My housecritter voted against CISPA back in November.  I don’t expect my senatecritters to vote in favor of SB 2105, but Round 2 emails sent all the same.

5. Teller says:

I’m still heated over the domestic drone package our President signed.

6. donovan acree says:

It seems to me, that this is going to happen. Kill COICA get PIPA. Kill PIPA get SOPA. Kill SOPA get CISPA.
    Clearly our legislators are determined to make this happen. Most likely, we will see some form of this get quietly passed late one Sunday night – probably on a holiday or major sporting even.
    dooooom doooooom dooooooooooom

7. Javier says:

better re-act soon because you U.S. people are running  step by step  to a police order…

when you are recorded and followed, what would be the next step? microchip in the ear? 24 hour working and consuming people?