Magazines from Blade Runner

26 Responses to “Magazines from Blade Runner

1. OldBrownSquirrel says:

If Ridley Scott were into George Lucas-style revising, it would totally rock if he were to throw a copy of Make on the newsstand, perhaps with a cover photo of Adam Savage posing with his replica Blade Runner gun.  http://boingboing.net/2010/03/09/adam-savage-my-blade.html

2. Lemoutan says:

Magazines? Newsstands? In the Future?

3. In the future most magazines will have 4 letter word names. Like OMNI. Or be an anagram of OMNI, like MONI

4. miasm says:

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

5. Does anyone remember the scene where this magazine stand would have appeared?

6. willyboy says:

‘Scratch and Sniff Centerspread’, It’s about frackin time.

7. DrBrunvand says:

I have to express my disappointment.
    The Kill issue is dated january 2020.

Dear editor, since Kill claims to be a monthly magazine there’s something rather unexact on your cover. Everybody knows it’s november, 2019.

8. BarBarSeven says:

In  the future, print publications are so quaint nobody uses photos. They are all hand colored after being Xeroxed & a local “Space Kinko’s.”

9. niktemadur says:

What, no Boing Boing Magazine?!!
    The future (as seen from 1982) is too edgy for my taste, it needs Xeni on the cover, holding a plush, mariachi Artoo Deetoo. And supersonically-flavored chocolate chip cookie toothpaste ads.

10. In a similar vein I think the hand made lighted windows in the miniature Los Angeles look like the patterns from Conways Game of Life. Its probably an accident. Very hard to deliberately make things random.

Incidently Disqus is broken. It tries to dynamically retrieve images from URLs as I type. It intercepts key strokes and gets itself in a horrible mess. Pasting image URL in now

• miasm says:

there are only so many angles you can shoot a futuristic building, with a flying-car park on the roof, from.

11. Fake magazines are created for background color /set decoration. We in the art department try to have some fun with this part of the work we do to please and awe you the unsuspecting audience.
    Thanks for taking notice of our labors.