20 Responses to “Accused Maryland cannibal-murderer who ate pal's heart and brain had podcast, was into QR codes, self-publishing”

1. corydodt says:

Is this supposed to be surprising? The link between podcasting and cannibal-murder has been well-established.

Cory knows what I’m talking about.

2. Lobster says:

Takes a special kind of person to choose boning lions as an avatar.

3. Evan Rappaport says:

Quick, let’s pass a law banning QR codes!!  Won’t someone think of the children?

4. Scott Croom says:

Well color me shocked. The cannibal murderer is not entirely balanced and posted wacky stuff on the internet. I totally did not see that coming.

5. Franklin says:

clearly we need better anti-internet laws

6. falnfenix says:

oh, Joppatowne.  why is it that nearly everyone in that town has at least a touch of the crazy?  i wish i were joking.  might be the stuff they’re testing at Aberdeen Proving ground.  maybe.

when i lived there (around the flipping corner from this guy), we’d get robocalls and mailers about mustard gas fallout.  whee.

7. peterblue11 says:

the headline sounds like xeni was surprised that the killer had a podcast and online presence. was this not to be expected? he seems like a nutcase, not unlike breivik, using the internet as an organ to spew out his confused messages and believes.

its worrying nobody in his (admittedly probably very small) social circle didnt take notice on facebook or twitter and try to have a talk with him. most of his posts make it pretty obvious he was deeply confused, possibly depressed and needed psychological attention.

• Xeni Jardin says:

xeni was surprised that the killer had a podcast and online presence.

Nope: wrong. I just like to look inside their brains, and this is a way for us to do that nowadays. I posted similarly about Brevik, at the time.

• crashgrab says:

Here’s what I’ve learned about trying to look inside the brain of a mentally ill person, you’re not going to find any answers. The problem is that the man didn’t get treatment, wouldn’t get treatment, couldn’t get treament, or quite possibly, there are some mental illnesses we can’t treat.

8. Antinous / Moderator says:

Why are the psycho cannibals always cute?

9. malindrome says:

Eat human hearts, if you must, but don’t eat human brains.  You’ll get kuru.

10. msbpodcast says:

Hey! I resemble that remark…

11. Gimlet_eye says:

This cannibal is from Kenya, and the Florida cannibal was from Haiti. I guess there really are some jobs you can’t get Americans to do any more.

12. Rosin Ffield says:

He should have been someone who has questions about inconsistencies on 9/11 2001 or some new independent journalist like Luke Rudkowski, then he’d be arrested in no time at all, for no apparent reason even!

13. Deidzoeb says:

“into self-publishing”? I am a fan of the ability of people to self-publish, and off the top of my head I can list about twenty literary figures who surprisingly self-published . . . but at what point does self-publishing an e-book become easy enough and wide-spread enough that it wouldn’t count as a hobby?

Sorry, I’m quibbling. It’s an interesting detail that he wanted to put out an ebook. But it’s like saying “he was into writing emails.”

14. Palomino says:

With a name that probably sounds like “Quinoa”, he was most likely bisexual and self-fertilizing.

Weird begets weird.

15. Phil Reilly says:

I keep hearing headlines like this in my local news’ announcer voice. “Bad person ardent supporter of respiration, digestion. Are your children safe? story only on channel three at 6.”