First portal passed in Ready Player One DeLorean contest!

16 Responses to “First portal passed in Ready Player One DeLorean contest!”

1. perch says:

Not much of a gamer myself but I really enjoyed the book. What a ride…

2. madopal says:

Wait, didn’t Ernie say each successive game would contain an “easter egg?”  Finishing the game does not an easter egg make…

3. More explanation about the competition itself, for others who may not be able to listen to a podcast ATM: http://www.geekosystem.com/ready-player-one-delorean-giveaway/

4. Tom B. says:

It took me a while to find the QR code after completing the puzzle, but I eventually got it. Although I kind of wish that there was a leaderboard, so I could see how many people got there before I did.  I did love wandering around the Stacks after winning – if only to see the credits. Here’s my crappy picture of the credits screen – “By Ernie, Mike, Kevin” – http://i.imgur.com/NRo0m.jpg

• obiah says:

any hints on the puzzle pieces? I can get the hidden rooms, but need a hint on the others.

• Lucas Willms says:

Yes I liked finding the credits on my way to finding the QR code.  Of course I felt totally stupid after finding it decoding it to find where it sent me.

August 1st is going to be 1 helluva race.

5. Jonathan says:

Was anyone else disappointed by the book’s ending? Most of it was really compelling, but the end almost read like Cline allowed a lesser author to step in and polish it off.

Nevertheless, cool twist with the Easter eggs; maybe they’ll provide the finishing stitches to the story.

6. Young Cheng says:

Only paperback and hardbacks? Guess there’s no chance of me finding the easter eggs…

7. Rob says:

Found qr code last night…had a blast in the stacks…July 1st can’t get here fast enough. Tom B., I clocked out of the first gate at 8:14 pm. I think you might have been first. Good luck!

8. Enki says:

I had a hell of a good time getting to gate two.  I did WAY too much work analyzing the book’s text before actually finding the needed clue…I can only hope that work will come in handy later.

9. John Smith says:

how old do you have to be to play? im 16 and i’m unsure if i can play.