X-Men meet Guernica

9 Responses to “X-Men meet Guernica”

1. David Llopis says:

ಠ_ಠ

2. Marvelous. I see what you did there.

3. Browntown says:

Take that, Guernica!

4. Lame… A one percent ripoff of an image that is rich in history and courage. Xmen has SFA to do with courage or artistic integrity. I cannot believe you Are promoting this dreck!

5. PurpleWyrm says:

I’m quite surprised to discover that I find this mashup somewhat offensive.

I’m not posting to criticise or censure the artist – I just find my reaction fascinating. I never knew I felt so strongly about the original painting. Well done Theamat!

6. ksebek says:

just a small correction “the line it is drawn’ is not a  contest.  simply weekly responses to reader submissions within a given theme.
    this link is to one artists step by step process.  check out the archives, some really incredible work

7. 666beast1 says:

A raw cry at innocents slaughtered in Spain becomes a fan-boy novelty. The purpose?

8. Browntown says:

Ooh! Found the video! http://youtu.be/ZOZTDP8Ff9w

9. Anthrodiva says:

It sounds like there were other interpretations? This one is a poor image to choose, to say the least. And certainly NOT marvelous. It is important artistically, historically, and even topically. They covered the tapestry version of this at the UN for Colin Powell’s address in 2002 in favor of going to war. It is powerful because it shows the death of innocent citizens (and their children) essentially as part of a product demonstration — Hitler was showing off Messerschmidt’s to Franco. It was also the first time a major artist had turned to contemporaneous, in the news, happenings for inspiration. It is a massive political protest. So to trivialize all that with the X-men? #SMDH