Beer mug produces a head of foam on demand

39 Responses to “Beer mug produces a head of foam on demand”

1. Grahamers2002 says:

“Fill with mingled cream and amber,
    I will drain that glass again.
    Such hilarious visions clamber
    Through the chambers of my brain.
    Quantist thoughts – queerest fancies,
    Come to life and fade away:
    What care I how time advances?
    I am drinking ale today.”
    – Edgar Allan Poe

2. KBert says:

OOoooohh!!!

3. derek prowse says:

am I the only one wondering why the film crew only had access to two working models?  Perhaps there are only two made in existence…  I will now quietly speculate as to the arcane and precious ingredients needed to conjure such dark machinations.

4. Bob N Johnson says:

If you describe a gorgeous, fluffy, aromatic, sensuous head of foam on your beer as a “foul-tasting, foamy barrier between your lips and your beer” you are seriously undereducated and unappreciative of one of the finer aspects of the most amazing and most important creations of all time, beer

How to pour the perfect beer.

5. IRMO says:

Another invention that fills a  much needed gap.

6. lava says:

I have a Brando mic for my iphone that works great

7. bcsizemo says:

Everyone knows the secret to a good head is the proper splitting of a beer atom.

8. Kenji Kiuchi says:

I agree with Bob. On another note, Brando is not the maker, only a distributor in this sense. The commercial, mug and origin are all Japanese. It is manufactured by Takara Tomy Arts, as you can see in the final frames of the video. Here is the original website:

• teapot says:

Thanks man you saved me some Google-fu. I should’ve sent this to BB a few months ago when my partner showed it to me.

9. Brad H. says:

Is that like MIDI ska music or am I just too stoned?

10. vonbobo says:

Let’s see…

“I for one welcome our new Sparkling Beer Mug Overlords!” ?
    nooo.

“Look at this Sparkling Beer Mug! Just look at it!”?
    mmm, close…

“all your Sparkling Beer Mug belong to us”?
    nope.

“needs more cowbell!”?

“fucking Sparkling Beer Mugs, how do they work?”
    hrmm, close enough!

11. boris kane says:

The Japanese have to be the only group of people to love >2 fingers of head.

Which is absolute nonsense, given that their beer is in fact quite good, for lager.

12. Tim Shepherd says:

Is it just me or does the guy who first appears at 0:13 sec look like Masi Oka? GO HIRO!

• rrh says:

I like to think of them brainstorming cross-sections of people enjoying their product.

“Okay, we got younger parents, older parents, businessmen, boys’ night out, girls’ night out, punk band. Anything we forgot?”

“What about guys drinking by themselves in a darkened room?”

“Ah! Important demographic, can’t forget them!”

• papiermeister says:

YATTA!!! Not sure if that really is him, but I thought that, too.

13. mintyy says:

“maker of irresistible crappy gadgetry” from a site that sells Fred housewares, the undisputable king of shitty, unbelievably wasteful, visual pun gag junk?

14. Antinous / Moderator says:

What next?  A cilantro FlavrPak for the Enfoamerator?

15. lecti says:

(dark room guy) Friends not included. :(

16. donovan acree says:

A plastic mug that makes your beer taste flat? Where do I sign up?

17. Ito Kagehisa says:

We here at the Cult of the Stache wish to state that we disapprove of this invention, disapprove of excessive beer head, and disapprove of Mr. Frauenfelder’s call for Prohibition.  We recommend Mr. Frauenfelder should grow a large handlebar and cut back on the caffeine.