Portal's Chell in the style of Norman Rockwell

23 Responses to “Portal's Chell in the style of Norman Rockwell”

1. I like the style, but at first glance I thought she was pregnant.

2. ocker3 says:

An excellent idea, I just always thought both Rosies and Chelle were slightly more attractive, and Rosie’s head was more in proportion with the rest of her body. Still, pretty good

3. robdobbs says:

That artist has a long way to go before anyone should refer to it as Norman Rockwell style. I don’t mean to be negative, but Rockwell was a technically proficient artisan and this fails to live up to that standard in every way.

But then I suppose I could pile the same critique on Norman himself:  http://michael-shapcott.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Michelangelo-Buonarroti_Isaiah-1509-Norman-Rockwell_Rosie-the-Riveter-1943.jpg

4. Grey Devil says:

Nice attempt but kind of falters at properly rendering Chell. She looks nothing like the videogame counterpart. Doesn’t have to look EXACTLY like her, but seems like the artist barely tried. Proportions are off too, and then there’s the fact that he wrote CHELL on the portal gun, which is not only inaccurate but also serves to insult the viewer assuming that they have no clue that thet are looking at a Portal rendering unless he were to remind us. Just not sure what the purpose of writing her name is.

• Nonentity says:

She’s certainly rendered a bit more… ample.. than the model in the game.  Not bad, mind you, but this look probably would have made the uproar about the weight jokes in Portal 2 a little more convincing (rather than clear examples of people missing the point).

• TimmoWarner says:

“Chell” is written on her lunch box which I think he can get away with. And it makes the cake more fun too.

5. vrplumber says:

At first glance, I thought she was sitting on a toilet, which made the chocolate cake slightly unsettling.

Also, those are some powerful looking arms. I suppose lugging that portal gun around is great for developing upper body strength.

6. Ito Kagehisa says:

I’m making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS.

Edit: I couldn’t stop myself. And I haven’t even played the game…

7. mesocosm says:

Interesting – to me the obvious influence is the Sibyl from the Sistine Chapel:

8. Philipshade says:

Close but no banana it’s based on Michelangelo’s Isaiah from the Sistine Chapel

9. Dan Hibiki says:

who the hell eats a cake backwards like that?

10. anik says:

I thought Chell was chinese…

I like the butchness though.

11. Rummager says:

Strikes me as more
    Tanino Liberatore than Rockwell.