TRUCKCAR!

44 Responses to “TRUCKCAR!”

1. millie fink says:

Oh yay, another chance to assert our superiority by snickering at “trailer trash.”

•  You’ve got to look at it differently, millie. Don’t just consider the misdirection, consider the creativity and maybe more importantly what society considers important. It surely is a misguided atrocity to be sure, but it IS creative. Now if we could just harness this power for good instead of goof…

• crimpers says:

truckcar ain’t got nuthin’ on truck-boat-truck: http://www.adultswim.com/americaloveslists/sb_truckifiedmoments/page2.html

• Cory Doctorow says:

Who snickered? I am in awe.

• AwesomeRobot says:

You’re the only one asserting superiority and using the term “trailer trash.” Personally, I think it’s quite an endearing vehicle.

This individual saw two completely different things and took a risk. There’s nothing inferior about that.

• blueelm says:

Hey, if some one glued that thing together and it actually runs, then they have some pretty amazing skills. I could see this one getting tricked out for the art car parade.

• Ipo says:

It’s not even on concrete blocks.

2. The front view looks a lot like a Fiat Multipla, and I had the same reaction the first time I saw one of those, ie: What were they smoking….

3. SedanChair says:

TRUCKCAR: You Tell ‘Em I’m Coming, And Hell’s Coming With Me

4. ROSSINDETROIT says:

If I had these two partial vehicles, Bondo and a welder this is probably not what I would do.  But I applaud the builder for following his dream.  So what if you think it looks funny?  He probably didn’t make it with you in mind.

ETA: with some more Bondo, a couple of days of sanding and a coat of white* paint, this vehicle would look completely different. Probably kinda charming in a hat with beer cans and drinking tubes sort of way.

* pro tip for sloppy fabricators: light colored paint shows imperfections far less than dark paint. Voice of experience here.

5. joeposts says:

Low of freon? Get it together man. You just lost a sale.

6. . says:

Leaving aside the truck bit, thats definitely an oldsmobile alero front end on his Grand Am (prix?). This guy is a friggin bondo master.

7. Doc_S says:

TRUCKCAR! is the perfect pursuit vehicle for AXECOP!

8. bcsizemo says:

So this is the anti-El Camino…

9. AwesomeRobot says:

I think it’s technically more of a caruck. The frame of the Grand Am appears to be intact, so there’s some structural soundness there. Might look interesting with a good paint job.

The door is some work of genius.

10. squeeziecat says:

looks like the Homer: http://onscreencars.com/tv/the-homer-the-car-built-for-homer/

11. doniphon says:

Relax, everyone… nothing to worry about here.  Like the mule (the offspring of the horse and the donkey), this beast will be useful and endearing, but it will not be able to reproduce.  Carry on.

12. RayCornwall says:

Can we get this in the next Transformers movie?

13. Ab Eeyore says:

If they dont find you handsome, they’ll at least find you handy.

14. vrplumber says:

I can’t believe this is for sale.

Surely something as inspired and artistic as this, forged through hours of planning and toil, should be preserved as a family heirloom, to be passed down through the generations.  Of rednecks. :)

15. smallteam says:

Sure, it’s looks are fantastic, but is it street-legal?  I can just imagine driving up to the Dept of Motor Vehicles to get an inspection and tags for that.

• L_Mariachi says:

Ad says it’s registered as the ’62 International, so you wouldn’t even need to get it smogged in California.

16. Marcelo Teson says:

Paint it all black and you can call it “Truckcar Noir.”

*rimshot*

17. cdh1971 says:

Stuff some chickens inside of some ducks then stuff them into the truckcar and we get truckcarducken.

It would probably take hundreds of birds though but it still seems pretty doable.

18. jimh says:

I still like this more than the Aztec.

• cdh1971 says:

The Aztec….when I first saw it, not sure where, but maybe on the web I thought it was a joke, then as it dawned on me that it was not, loathing with some rage set in which could only be relieved by removing the image from my sight, then peeing.

But now, after seeing what has been happening with car design (like the Audi grille – yuck) the last five years or so, the Aztec is starting to look sexy.  (This has nothing to do with the Dark Angel reruns I’ve been watching, or Mr. Kale.)