Wee Turtle vs. Raspberry (VIDEO)

30 Responses to “Wee Turtle vs. Raspberry (VIDEO)”

1. Since I know you’re thinking it, folks, here is Wee Turtle vs Raspberry with EPIC MUSIC.

2. Boundegar says:

That’s no turtle.  It’s a space station.

3. Xof says:

That is a turtle who knows how to enjoy his food.

4. dr15 says:

I wish I had raspberry the size of my head… sigh…

5. Mike Vogts says:

I can’t see the word “Wee” any longer without instantly thinking of The Wee Baby Seamus. And now you’re thinking of him too. As it should be.

6. Russell says:

It’s a tortoise.

7. elchip says:

Turtle, tortoise, or toitise, that beastie has a maniacal gleam in the eye as it slowly devours its berry.

8. EH says:

Boy, tortoises sure suck at eating.

9. JIMWICh says:

I’m heartened to see that he’s following B. Kliban’s advice to never eat anything larger than your head.  That raspberry is only the same size as his head.

10. millie fink says:

I guess for turtles (or for tortoises, too), incrementalism is a factor in more than just locomotion.

11. Mike Guerrero says:

I’m always impressed at how the Henson Company continues to innovate. I especially like when the puppet extends his neck and you can see the skin stretch. I’m guessing it’s a 3-4 man rig, most likely hydraulic powered. The raspberry is also well done. I’m thinking it’s water balloons with some sort of gelatin inside. As for the ‘carpet’, your guess is as good as mine. [Not sure how you get those stray threads to scale down for filming]

Well done, gentlemen.

12. Harold Pomeroy says:

This video isn’t cute. Turtles should be left in the wild.  Posting cute videos of wild animals in captivity is wrong, because it makes it seem OK to keep wild animals in captivity.

If you want to know what it’s like to be a turtle in captivity, think about how you would feel if kept captive in a glass box by large animals that smell bad, like cows.

Harold Pomeroy

13. Westfakia says:

Wow. This comment thread is like a microcosm of the whole Internet.

- here is your vid, but with EpIc MuSic!
    - a star wars comment.
    - an acerbic muppet comment.
    - an angry animal rights activist comment.

I’ve hit my daily quota for Internet nourishment before I have even finished my coffee. Thanks boingboing,Bravo!

14. Listener43 says:

What a disappointment. I was waiting for the raspberry to fight back … at least a little.

• Westfakia says:

Several days later his shell splits and a small alien emerges squealing and spitting, then runs into the bushes looking for a place to lay an egg pod that looks tragically similar to a raspberry.

And the cycle begins again…

15. Zaphod Beeblebrox says:

Who knew toitles likeded raspberries?