Ringbow: Bluetooth game controller you wear on your finger

29 Responses to “Ringbow: Bluetooth game controller you wear on your finger”

1. Mike Meyer says:

ah, but is it embossed to say ‘BIG OL NERD’ when you take it off your finger?

2. Arduenn says:

Not sure if I want to wear a bulky plastic thing on my finger while gaming or manipulating stuff on a screen, especially after seeing this Minority Report-like thingie that doesn’t need any accessories whatsoever: http://youtu.be/_d6KuiuteIA .

3. theophrastvs says:

(typing of big*old*nerd) wasn’t there a star-trek TNG where they were playing some game and had a bunch of *wires* (no wireless in the 24th century) on their fingers… ah yes, here: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Strategema    hm, probably no inspiration there ala communicators and cell-phones …nah.

4. ifriit says:

Actually, it’s $45 to get one.  $35 was for the first 200.

5. Itsumishi says:

Is it just me or is the ‘Ringbow” nothing more than a bluetooth d-pad wrapped in an ugly plastic enclosure?

6. Ian Wood says:

I am intrigued by its possible applications in the field of teledildonics.

Which is unfortunate, because there aren’t any. Not really.

7. glittalogik says:

This would make an amazingly easy-to-lose HTPC controller. I want it!

8. francoisroux says:

After spiral cutting my wiener I find it a little difficult to wear… oh wait, finger worn…

9. Tim in SF says:

Hey Cory, was that quote translated from Japanese?

10. John Thomas says:

it’s look pretty cool to use and feel some difference.

11. HahTse says:

I call Bullshytt. (not bullshit, mind you.)

12. liquidstar says:

It’s nice to see Dr. Who is still inspiring design strategies.

13. Joshua Botha says:

This is an amazing product !! i hope it becomes an international one too!! You guys should approach Wii for funding!!

14. Vickie Kostecki says:

This might be an interesting alternative to a trackpad on a laptop.  Trackpads are the main reason I rarely use laptops.

15. groovyeyal says:

Take my money.

16. Jim Baur says:

What are you looking at?? The camera is over here!  Hey!  Over here!

17. pKp says:

“Ringbow multiplies the functionality of your finger together with allowing amazing simultaneous actions.”
    snigger

18. Kimmo says:

Nobody’s mentioned the coolest thing about this – one of the colours is called blouis c.k.

19. eljefe900 says:

I don’t need this for my iPad! I need this for my Kinect! So I can control my movement through space as in most traditional games!

20. penguinchris says:

I’ve been mulling over designs for a similar device for years. I want to be able to scroll through e.g. BoingBoing comment threads while using my hands for something else (such as eating – get your mind out of the gutter), or just leaning back with my hands behind my head relaxing.

I thought of something like this but I don’t think it’s ideal for my needs because if I’m doing something with both hands it won’t work. My next idea was to have something controlled by the foot – at its simplest it could just be a single programmable bluetooth keyboard button; for scrolling you’d set it to the down arrow. The problem there is that my feet aren’t always on the ground. What I need is a mind-scrollbar interface.

Since the Ringbow is essentially one of my ideas come to life I’m rather tempted… I guess I’d need to know if it will actually work to scroll on computers.