Kingdom Rush available on iPhone

15 Responses to “Kingdom Rush available on iPhone”

1. Franklin says:

I am obsessed with this game. I have 3star+ completed EVERYTHING, plus challenges, and I STILL play it. I can’t see it being as good on a small screen though, could get frustrating.

new content please!!!

2. geekd says:

I LOVE tower defense games.  I’ve played them all.  I’ve even written one.  Kingdom Rush is the best one.  I’ve played it through from fresh start to end at least 3 times.  99 cents is a steal.

• Mark_Frauenfelder says:

What’s your tower defense game, geekd?

• geekd says:

Runestone Defense:  http://magigames.org/runestone_defense.html  It’s free to play, written in HTML5 / Javascript.

I didn’t want to spam the link, but since you asked… :)

• Mark_Frauenfelder says:

You don’t mess around! The first level is tough!

• malindrome says:

That was fun! I liked the idea of building walls to force the monsters to go through a maze of towers.

• geekd says:

Thanks, you guys.  Mark, I realize the first level is maybe too hard, that’s why, in the docs, I show the beginnings of a good solution.

• malindrome says:

I have never designed a tower defense game, but I’ve played a ton of them, and I totally agree: Kingdom Rush is awesome.  I’m not sure why it is … maybe the variety of enemy abilities and strengths and weaknesses?  Maybe the depth of choices the game offers in terms of play styles?

I don’t know how they did it, but I’d be interested to hear what a game developer thinks they got right.

3. Mark_Frauenfelder says:

I enjoy the iPhone version when I am wearing reading glasses. Otherwise it does kind of look like little bugs running across the screen.

4. Stefan Jones says:

I loved Kingdom Rush! I played it all the way through, and started the special challenges.

The little trolls and wolves and spiders are so cute. I like that style of fantasy art.

5. AquaDad says:

I play it on my PC’s Chrome browser. Too much fun. Not enough sleep.

6. jaddle says:

I spent FAR too much time on this game… .managed to finish it with all the stars and extra challenges, then did it all again with no upgrades. That took forever. I had a very unproductive month. A fun one though!

7. BombBlastLightingWaltz says:

Great time waster. Lots of fun. Many variables. Game was made in Uruguay.

8. nemryn says:

Other tower defense games I think are worth a plug: Defender’s Quest lets you customize your towers with an RPG skill system; and Immortal Defense has some interesting twists on the formula.

9. TheMudshark says:

This game is amazing. My new favourite tower defense.