Vampires! Fresh blood in powdered form!

36 Responses to “Vampires! Fresh blood in powdered form!”

1. spider2Ybanana says:

“Fresh squeezed”? “Consentrated”? You’d think being immortal, vampires can devote a few years to studying grammar.

2. elchip says:

Yum.

3. Glen Able says:

So I’m guessing the image started out as this one:  (thanks, TinEye!)

4. DON’T FALL FOR IT!  IT’S A TRAP!   If you look closely, you’ll find that the return address for enquiries is c/o  B.  Summers,  Sunnydale, CA.

5. tyger11 says:

Fresh-squeezed and from a can? I don’t think so. Look, if you can’t get it from a live human, at LEAST get it from a glass container. That metallic taste from a can is disgusting. *shudder*

• Antinous / Moderator says:

But every paranormal romance novel that I’ve read says that you get a metallic taste when there’s blood in your mouth.

• tyger11 says:

Well, sure, the standard copper taste, but something like a tin can? No no no, that just won’t do.

• Mister44 says:

Blood has an iron metallic taste. Tyger must not like an aluminum or tin metallic taste. I’m guessing.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Blood has an iron metallic taste.

You clearly don’t read bodice rippers.

• Mister44 says:

It’s true. I don’t. Tyger said copper, so evidently I can’t tell one metallic tinge from another. I figured iron from the hemoglobin.

• billstewart says:

As long as the can’s not made of silver, it shouldn’t be a problem!

6. tyger11 says:

And don’t get me started on the plastic bottles that new drink, Sunny B, comes in. Kids these days.

7. Antinous / Moderator says:

We had those glasses when I was a child.  Anchor Hocking Laurel pattern.

8. Jake0748 says:

The blood in that glass looks like its chilled.  I think most vamps would say ewwww….

But… “vein-fresh”!   yummy.

9. Obviously, most of the copy used in this “ad” is set in Arial, which didn’t exist until 1982, long after this aesthetic had gone out of fashion.

Yet another example of vampire revisionist history.

10. Wow, SCDP’s copy has really taken a nosedive since Peggy left…

11. Timmo Warner says:

None of those are powdered form. The second one is concentrated frozen liquid  blood.

12. Gunn says:

Whew. The world as I know it is okay.

First, I went to the comments thread on the LJ site, which is entirely people trying to figure out if this is a real ad or a spoof, and if spoof, what are they spoofing?

It’s not the first time I’ve stumbled into the wrong universe. Glad to be back, you knuckleheads.

13. pjcamp says:

Vampires got gibbon hands?

14. Ladyfingers says:

The 50s and 60s loved their massively elevated brows, didn’t they?

15. chris jimson says:

“Make of it what you will”, yes I’ll make a milk shake. . . err. . . BLOOD shake.  Now, which goes better with B negative, chocolate or vanilla?

16. People may think that this is only for vampires, but should you find your humors a bit on the cool and damp side a tall glass of the stuff will put the lead back in your pencil.

17. This nifty artwork was done by my friend Dixie. :) It’s definitely one of my faves of her. I love the concept. Just posting because I think she deserves credit for it. :) http://www.etsy.com/listing/103325891/stay-young-the-vampire-way-8×10-print