Outfits inspired by game characters

11 Responses to “Outfits inspired by game characters”

1. EH says:

you got a problem with mannequin rape?

2. penguinchris says:

I think this is clever and I like it a lot. It’s taking something geeky you like and making it actually wearable in public, unlike cosplay (other than at conventions). Also, for the most part none of the outfits they put together are things that anyone would actually recognize as being inspired by anything other than good design.

I wish they didn’t hide the pictures of the actual characters behind a link and put the name of the game in small letters though, because I don’t know what most of these are.

• Chentzilla says:

>Also, for the most part none of the outfits they put together are things that anyone would actually recognize as being inspired by anything other than good design.

Then what’s the point?

• penguinchris says:

Well my sentence was rather poorly written but what I meant was that rather than actually trying to look like the characters, they’re using the artist-designed styles, colors, etc. to inspire a wearable look.

It’s no different from taking inspiration from any other source in order to dress well, but this way is fun for people who are really into gaming and dressing well (a small overlap there, no doubt). And if someone does approach you and say “hey, you remind me of character“, you’ve found a keeper ;)

• Peppermint says:

Personally, I tend to feel more confident when I know my outfit is inspired by something cool. Whether others can tell has very little to do with it. It just puts you into another mindset completely.

3. Ian Wood says:

I wouldn’t say “everyone’s” favorite, really. When it comes to that sort of thing I’m more partial to John Stossel.

4. Halloween_Jack says:

I just skimmed through the Mass Effect outfits, and I approve; basing outfits on Garrus is pretty funny and cool. I want to see them try something based on a krogan now.

5. ryane says:

I’m rather fond of disneybound, who does the same thing with (mostly) Disney characters.

6. JenniferS says:

I don’t know where guys get the idea that women aren’t hardcare gamers, but things like this wouldn’t exist if it was true.