AMC to Dish: We'll go ahead and stream Breaking Bad for free. 'K bye.

18 Responses to “AMC to Dish: We'll go ahead and stream Breaking Bad for free. 'K bye.”

1. Mister44 says:

I’m TV-less right now, and this show is the one I will miss the most.

2. Thad Boyd says:

So Viacom decides to punish the entire Internet*, and AMC decides to REWARD the entire Internet*.  Wonder which one of THOSE strategies will work out better.

* Yes, it’s probably region-locked.  Yes, you can probably get around it.

3. boingboingdave says:

Do you work for AMC or something? sheesh. Also, I don’t know if I’d regard forcing your provider to pay more for their channel and carry their shittier channels, and then pass those expenses on to you, a reward.

4. royaltrux says:

Thanks for posting this, I was unaware that Breaking Bad was returning so soon. And I definitely prefer AMC’s snarky strategy to Viacom’s.

5. bcsizemo says:

So they will stream you the first episode for free…but now that you have started the season what next?  I hope if things don’t work out they continue to stream all the episodes.
    (I don’t watch Breaking Bad anyway, so no loss to me.)

6. Register now so AMC can send even more emails telling you to call and bitch to Dish. I’ll just torrent The Walking Dead if necessary when it returns, thanks.

7. noahmckinnon says:

Tight Tight Tight!

8. Boundegar says:

Sad about the Daily Show.  I watch it online regularly.

9. copperwatt says:

The first one is always free… just like meth.

10. niktemadur says:

In a petulant industry seemingly run by greedy, control-freak, tantrum-prone lawyers, AMC goes in the opposite direction, cool move.
    Now if only they’d do reruns of Mad Men in a time slot other than Saturday night going on Sunday morning…

11. Wow – two corporations picking a fight over revenues and the post is a total suck up to the one that is using it’s media power to force increased costs on Dish’s customers.  Why is that?

FWIW – I’ve been a happy Dish Network customer for more than a decade.  Their customer service and willingness to fight over price increases that cable routinely passes on is the reason.