You shake a pretty mean cape, Batman!

16 Responses to “You shake a pretty mean cape, Batman!”

1. CSBD says:

His dancing really reminds me of Vincent Vega in a bad Halloween costume.

• Mike Harwitz says:

you are correct.  From wikipedia: “Travolta has said some of his dance moves with Uma Thurman during the Jack Rabbit Slim’s scene were based on Adam West’s Batusi from the 1960s Batman television series. “

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Most of us who are old enough to have watched Batman on TV knew that they were replicating that scene.

2. Christian Bale was awesome, but it’s all about Adam West…

3. Quiche de Resistance says:

olbigatory ualuealuealeuale

4. Just_Ok says:

Did he died?

5. planettom says:

That’s Jill St. John from DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.  This is from the pilot episode of BATMAN, and, later in the episode, in a rare death in the BATMAN TV series, she falls into the Bat-Nuclear Reactor in the Batcave.

• SpaceOtter says:

“…she falls into the Bat-Nuclear Reactor in the Batcave.”I wonder if she took a ride on the Bat Pole…

• planettom says:

I also note that she’s cosplaying as Robin at the time.   That is, she’s dressed up like Robin, sneaked into the Batmobile, and somehow Batman doesn’t realize the ruse and brings her into the Batcave…

• Gyrofrog says:

Wasn’t there an episode where Catwoman fell to her death (or, at least, appeared to have done so)? I thought she was in the Batcave and fell of some ledge. Batman was quite shaken afterwards.  But it was 35 or 36 years ago when I saw that, so I can’t be certain.

Maybe I confused it with this episode?

• Jake0748 says:

I remember seeing that scene as a kid, and after she fell in to the nuclear reactor, Batman said: “Poor, deluded girl…”.  For years after that I wondered why he said she was diluted.

• Nadreck says:

What he famously *did* say after she fell into the reactor was “What a way to go-go!”  After the director said “Cut! It’s a wrap!” one of the soundmen followed him around for a while trying to tell him that “We have to do that over again.  Adam stuttered on the last line.” not realising that that was the way the line was written.

6. malindrome says:

Holy social anxiety disorder, Batman!  You should try talking to girls without the mask and cape.