Character from Valve's Portal 2 game is "going to actual space"

16 Responses to “Character from Valve's Portal 2 game is "going to actual space"”

1. I forget the name of the personality sphere that was obsessed with space, but it wasn’t Wheatley.

2. Josh Gardner says:

And the Space Sphere is still earthbound? That’s a snub if I’ve ever heard one.

3. Yeah not to be “That internet nerd” or anything but that is totally “The Space Core” one of the corrupt personality cores you meet late in the game…it is obsessed with all things space.

4. AwesomeRobot says:

Does Valve’s blogger not play Valve games?! It’s clearly the space core and not Wheatley.

5. Boundegar says:

So it’s…  a picture of Wheatley?  A little tiny itsy bitsy picture?  Not nearly good enough.

I’ll be more impressed when the Io Lander is an exact scale model of GladOS.

6. grimc says:

I would argue that while the quote is from the Space Core, the image is that of Wheatley because the iris is much closer to Wheatley’s than the Space Core’s.

So there.

7. yeh, i finished portal 2 a few weeks ago and it definitely wasn’t wheatley who was obsessed with space.

8. Chentzilla says:

You know that Russian computer game Twigger was sent into space on board the Mir station in 1998 already?

• Cornan says:

Missing the point there. It’s not “A video game / game character is going to space!” It’s “A video game character who was humorously obsessed with space is going to space!” Not exactly deep, I admit, but you’re not quite getting it. (Unless there’s some comparison between a character in the game and Space Core but I confess that my knowledge of Russian computer games is…sparse.)

• Chentzilla says:

You know, when we re-formulate the news as “some astronaut draws a Space Core on an unidentified piece of space equipment”, it suddenly turns into no news at all.

9. P.Demers says:

I like the space core’s that are starting to crop up in other games, all easter-egg-like.  The space core mod for skyrim, for starters.

10. TimmoWarner says:

I feel better by telling myself they’ll send the Space Core when it can be a real 3D Space Core and not just a drawing.

Don’t worry Space Core, you’ll get to space some day.

Oh, wait…