Marvel superheroes coming to Disney's Phineas and Ferb in 2013

40 Responses to “Marvel superheroes coming to Disney's Phineas and Ferb in 2013”

1. I have to say that most Disney properties annoy me to no end, but Phineas & Ferb is one of the best cartoons out there, and I enjoy watching it with my daughter. This will be so cool!

• Martijn says:

Phineas & Ferb is one of the two Disney properties that makes it really hard to boycott Disney like they deserve. The other one is the Dutch weekly Donald Duck magazine (which is still as excellent as when I was young, I recently found out).

I don’t see how Marvel’s superheroes can possibly be any good for Phineas & Ferb, though.

2. moonsammy says:

How exactly does one steal Iron Man’s super powers?

3. Rob O'Daniel says:

Love Phineas & Ferb, but I’m growing very weary of the constant barrage of marketing from the Disney folks.

The only reason they even bother making movies is to sell Happy Meals, toys, & pajamas – and they’ve even corrupted the venerable Pixar, who has bought a round-trip ticket on the “Let’s churn out crappy sequels so we can sell lotsa merch” train.

4. thehighandlow says:

Hahahahah, I’m the animatic editor on Phineas and Ferb and am currently sitting here with Dan Povenmire working on the aforementioned Marvel special!

5. bfarn says:

Awesome!  Maybe you guys can trot out what’s left of the muppets and squeeze some money out of them too!

• pupdog says:

Psst – There was a new Muppets movie last year – and it was pretty good!

• bfarn says:

Ok, you got me.  My reaction was a knee-jerk for sure.  But help me out here.

I begrudgingly admit that the post-disney-buyout muppets have been consistently funny.  The mouse puts a lot of work into their muppet productions and their writing is better than I would have expected.

But regardless of how well it’s made, there’s a difference between an original creation from a passionate artist and a “property”.  Ya know?  Jim Henson and his pals were really clearly present in every second of their work, and you could tell that they had a really special understanding of the world that they were desperate to share.

So Henson is dead, and there’s no reason the muppets should be permanently shelved, and times evolve and I shouldn’t live in the past and all that.  But I can’t shake the feeling that all of this co-branding and crossover-ing and rebooting is just a bit….  hollow.

I’m trying not to be too thin skinned about it, but when I see Kermit the frog shilling for Pizza Hut, or Iron man hanging out in a treehouse, bristling with missiles and bullets, along with a Norse god and a bunch of eight year olds, I just don’t feel like The Walt Disney Company has creativity’s best interest at heart.

Also: apologies for the rant.  I’m done now.

• pupdog says:

Hugs?

Honestly, it could be much worse. Disney is at least still trying to entertain and potentially enlighten kids (a little) – it could have been Fox…

• Brad Shur says:

“I begrudgingly admit that the post-disney-buyout muppets have been consistently funny.”

I think you missed Muppets Wizard of Oz, Muppets letters to Santa, Kermit the Swamp Years, and let’s face it, all but a few movies. Occaisionally funny would be a better phrase.

• Ramone says:

Yah, but those were all pre-Jason Segel. And since the new film rocked, I’d be surprised if Misney would leave the muppets to anyone less competent.

6. Brad Gall says:

Hey Ferb, I just figured out what we’re going to do today.

7. “…surfing tidal waves, creating nano-bots and locating Frankenstein’s brain…!” : )
    Phineas and Ferb are the best – with or without Marvel superheroes!

8. Meat Cigars says:

All this crossovery “let’s make money” goodness. Bleh!

9. Guest says:

The story is incomplete.  They forgot to mention the shark-jumping scene.

10. John Goulden says:

Agent P will save the day.

11. Willie Johnson says:

This sounds terrible, I was devastated when Disney bought Marvel because I hate all Disney movies, and the Disney channel so honestly I figured Marvel would suffer too. Fortunately Disney seemed to have left Marvel alone and is just making a profit, because they know way to many people would be pissed if Mickey Mouse showed up in the Avengers. But I do hate all the stupid tiny marvel hero cartoons that are out. Pisses me off.

12. mantooth says:

Wait, wait, wait.  Are some of you mad that comic book characters are going to be appearing in a children’s cartoon?

13. Brock Rockington says:

I knew this kind of thing would happen. *sigh*

14. Brian says:

A Marvel crossover? What a horrible, horrible idea.

15. Tim Noble says:

Dr. Doofenshmirtz it my favorite character- I mean, his relationships with his daughter, ex-wife, and Perry make him so human and complex. Way better than the Marvel one-dimensional baddies. Plus, I can do the voice dead-on and keep my kids in stitches at the dinner table. Don’t make him too evil! (Now I’[m going to have “records on my fingers” in my head all afternoon…)