24 Responses to “Facebook makes Karl Frisch sit in a corner for 24 hours because of his Chick-fil-A political cartoon”

1. wow. and people can write posts that use words like “f**got” as much as they want without tripping any alarms.

2. Who else now whats to put this on their Facebook page?

Edit: Turns out it was just a “mistake” and he’s unbanned. Still going to post the image.

3. Nancy J Gill says:

UPDATE: Here’s a funny twist. It was accidental! Andrew Noyes of Facebook wrote FBDC to say, “This was an error and we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. He can feel free to repost the image.”

4. ZikZak says:

I’ll just leave this here.

• ocker3 says:

.doc files are relatively easy to get the actual text out of even if they’re a bit corrupted, by anything more complicated than text is hard to get out. It’s the thin end of the wedge though, just trusting a company with which we have no real contract with which we can enforce our rights. If FB loses all of the photos that I’ve uploaded, are they in breach of a contract with me that I can enforce? Nope, I’d better keep a copy of them all somewhere else, otherwise I stand to lose a Lot of data.

• nunya says:

I don’t usually get to do that since I avoid Fakebook like the plague.

5. hermanSF says:

oops. thought this was a pro-chickfila account but it’s not.  Therefore, it is fake and funny which makes it okay in my book. as do the memes:

6. kmoser says:

It may be a douche move on Facebook’s part but it’s still their house so they can make any rules they want. No different from Joe Blogger deciding who is and isn’t allowed to post comments on his blog, and what posts he lets through.

Don’t want to be censored? Post on your own server.

7. Navin_Johnson says:

Don’t want to be censored? Post on your own server.

?

I’m trying to find the post where somebody suggested that Facebook couldn’t ban who they liked, even if it was for dumb reasons…  Certainly the guy can complain about the ban if he likes?

8. ChrisO says:

And for conservatives, you can be pissed at Facebook too.  Mike Huckabee’s pro-Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day event disappeared without explanation yesterday, but was also eventually reinstated.

9. ferd says:

Thank God he didn’t bring up adding more Kale to your diet!

10. Aaron Wong says:

can he make one for the BSA?