Gweek 063: Fanboys vs Zombies

By Mark Frauenfelder

Gweek 063 600 wide

Click here to play this episode. Gweek is Boing Boing's podcast about comic books, science fiction and fantasy, video games, board games, tools, gadgets, apps, and other neat stuff. My co-hosts for this episode are:

Michael Pusateri -- a lifelong tinkerer and former television tech executive for Disney

and

Ruben Bolling, author of the weekly comic strip Tom the Dancing Bug, which premieres each week on Boing Boing, and pre-premieres for members of his Inner Hive, which you can join by going here.

Subscribe-RssSubscribe-ItunesCurrent-EpisodeStitcher-Logo-1

In this episode:

Adventure timeAdventure Time Comics

Fanboys vs zombiesFanboys VS. Zombies

Star trekStar Trek "new continuity" comic books

Significant objectsSignificant Objects

NewImageThe Memory Palace podcast

NewImageTribute to Repo Man Soundtrack

NewImageSlimvision reading glasses

KapooshKapoosh knife holder

And much more!

Published 6:00 pm Fri, Jul 27, 2012

About the Author

Mark Frauenfelder is the founder of Boing Boing and the founding editor-in-chief of MAKE. He is editor-in-chief of Cool Tools and co-founder of Wink Books. Twitter: @frauenfelder. His new book is Maker Dad: Lunch Box Guitars, Antigravity Jars, and 22 Other Incredibly Cool Father-Daughter DIY Projects

14 Responses to “Gweek 063: Fanboys vs Zombies”

1. Preston Sturges says:

I had one of those knife holders and they are very nice, but we now use the powerful magnetic strips.

• Jesseham says:

I’ve got one that we use still. No complaints. Works great with any knife with a normal tip (we have one that’s got a forked tip and it’s kind of tricky to get in there.) I just vacuumed ours the other day, since you can’t clean the pokey part with a dishrag like you could a normal wood one.

• KBert says:

I love it when all the Amazon 1-star reviews point to the same design flaw.
      Why is this GWEEK’d?
      $$$?

• Preston Sturges says:

Hmmm  maybe it was asking too much for a product to stand being stabbed over and over with our razor sharp Japanese knives.

2. Pirate Jenny says:

I took one look at the Repo Man soundtrack tribute and ordered it immediately. I’d pay that much for the T-shirt with the glow-in-the-dark Malibu alone. Yayyyyyyyy!

3. Jake0748 says:

I haven’t listened to this Gweek episode yet.  But… is it too much to hope that the Zombies and Fanboys annihilate each other?

4. Stefan Jones says:

Hey Mark: The Significant Objects link leads back to this page, not an Amazon (or other) link for the book.

5. JimmyShockTreatment says:

I may be in the minority, but I would enjoy Gweek more if it stuck to a regular weekly release schedule.

• Mark_Frauenfelder says:

I have a hunch you are in the majority, but I would like to know why you think so.

• JimmyShockTreatment says:

I have only so much time for podcasts each week, and Gweek is in my top three. Given its length, it usually takes a couple days to get through an episode. So, I can manage an episode about once per week. When they come out more often, they pile up on me, and I end up skipping episodes, but then I feel like I’m missing out on the Gweeky goodness. I guess it’s all kind of silly on my part — definitely a “first world problem.” Thanks for caring!

• Mark_Frauenfelder says:

Thanks, Jimmy! I agree that once a week is plenty. Would it also help if it came out the same time and day each week (like, Monday at noon, or something like that?)

6. Preston Sturges says:

“What time is it? Adventure Time!”