Gweek 063: Fanboys vs Zombies

14 Responses to “Gweek 063: Fanboys vs Zombies”

1. Preston Sturges says:

I had one of those knife holders and they are very nice, but we now use the powerful magnetic strips.

• Jesseham says:

I’ve got one that we use still. No complaints. Works great with any knife with a normal tip (we have one that’s got a forked tip and it’s kind of tricky to get in there.) I just vacuumed ours the other day, since you can’t clean the pokey part with a dishrag like you could a normal wood one.

• KBert says:

I love it when all the Amazon 1-star reviews point to the same design flaw.
      Why is this GWEEK’d?
      $$$?

• Preston Sturges says:

Hmmm  maybe it was asking too much for a product to stand being stabbed over and over with our razor sharp Japanese knives.

2. Pirate Jenny says:

I took one look at the Repo Man soundtrack tribute and ordered it immediately. I’d pay that much for the T-shirt with the glow-in-the-dark Malibu alone. Yayyyyyyyy!

3. Jake0748 says:

I haven’t listened to this Gweek episode yet.  But… is it too much to hope that the Zombies and Fanboys annihilate each other?

4. Stefan Jones says:

Hey Mark: The Significant Objects link leads back to this page, not an Amazon (or other) link for the book.

5. JimmyShockTreatment says:

I may be in the minority, but I would enjoy Gweek more if it stuck to a regular weekly release schedule.

• Mark_Frauenfelder says:

I have a hunch you are in the majority, but I would like to know why you think so.

• JimmyShockTreatment says:

I have only so much time for podcasts each week, and Gweek is in my top three. Given its length, it usually takes a couple days to get through an episode. So, I can manage an episode about once per week. When they come out more often, they pile up on me, and I end up skipping episodes, but then I feel like I’m missing out on the Gweeky goodness. I guess it’s all kind of silly on my part — definitely a “first world problem.” Thanks for caring!

• Mark_Frauenfelder says:

Thanks, Jimmy! I agree that once a week is plenty. Would it also help if it came out the same time and day each week (like, Monday at noon, or something like that?)

6. Preston Sturges says:

“What time is it? Adventure Time!”