Teacup lined with teeth

19 Responses to “Teacup lined with teeth”

1. I would buy a full set for that much, without question.

2. deviousasti says:

100 dollars for a ceramic 3D model of a cup vertex welded with the 3D model of half a set of dentures? No thank you, good sir.

3. Looks like someone borrowed some inspiration from Oppenheim’s cup.

4. RedShirt77 says:

Like I need help spilling my morning tea down the from of my shirt…..   Now that I think about it, I do need an excuse.

5. Tripemonkey says:

If Su was trying to merely create a *companion* to our recurring feelings of uneasiness, I believe she may have overshot the mark.

6. SedanChair says:

few [products] are made to be a companion to our recurring feelings of uneasiness

But why? Could it really be true that people prefer ease to unease? Quelle horreur I must rebel against this! I must…I must drink from a cup with teeth on it

• electronicnonsense says:

Good art is meant to trigger emotion in the viewer. In the world outside of the hollywood/pier 1 art model, that’s not always meant to be happy sunshine emotions.

7. technogeekagain says:

The $111 price is as an art object, and if your taste runs that way it is NOT an unreasonable price. (I’ve paid that without blinking for objects about the same size.)

Of course if there ever was a desire to bring the price down, that’s easy enough: Print the first, create mold from that, cast and fire the rest. There’s a good reason this technology is more often considered desktop prototyping than desktop manufacturing; as soon as you get beyond one-offs, it stops being cost effective.

8. Heevee Lister says:

I’m sure glad I don’t have to wash the tannin and lipstick stains from that rim.

9. Pat Eisel says:

Very Dada…and I love it for that.

10. sam1148 says:

I’m not flossing the coffee cup.

11. onefancydana says:

I knew an Artist who was hand-making a similar idea, but he got a little more involved in texture and color than this piece.  Both are very interesting and well done.

12. Lauren Allen says:

i also have a hand-built toothy mug, it is amazing and really fun to drink from.  am waiting for the biology freaks to start growing their own.