Ant-Man might be in theaters as soon as 2014

22 Responses to “Ant-Man might be in theaters as soon as 2014”

1. GuyInMilwaukee says:

One day I hope someone in Hollywood will discover Mike Baron’s “The Badger”.  One of the greatest superheros ever to come out of Madison. (ok.. the only one)

“The Badger, in a nutshell, is that he’s crazy. And not darkly tortured and disturbed like some versions of Batman, but just plain nuts. The short version is that, after a traumatic childhood, Norbert Sykes was taken as a P.O.W. in Vietnam. While imprisoned and starved, he began to eat roaches, until eventually the roaches started willingly presenting themselves to him to be eaten. It wasn’t too long after this that God appeared to him–and God was a giant badger named Myrtle.”

2. Donald Petersen says:

…Ant-Man?

Nobody else hears a barrel-scraping sound?

3. Mitchell Glaser says:

I never could understand the reason for Ant-Man’s existence. The only good thing he ever did in the Avengers was to create the serum that turned Hawkeye (another dubious character lacking in superpowers and charisma) into Goliath, a barely tolerable lunk.

EDIT: mea culpa, I forgot that he invented the Vision, who I quite liked. Thanks for pointing that out, Ramone.

4. I hope they can get Garrett Morris to reprise the role.

5. Finnagain says:

Is this where we complain about a movie that hasn’t even been filmed yet? I hate it. Not enough hobbits.

6. Steven says:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper will be most pleased.

7. 20thCenturyVole says:

I have to wonder, given the subject matter, why they need to have it a live-action pic. CGI is so good these days, do a CGI cartoon and save on salaries (and headaches).

8. Øyvind says:

Ant-Man might already be in theaters, just unnoticed.

9. stuck411 says:

Too true that Ant-Man was never the top tier when it came to super heroes, but if handled right it could be a good movie. It’ll definitely be something that foreshadows the Avengers coming together again.

10. David Hall says:

Ant Man’s real name is Barry.  He formerly went by The Tick.

11. Andy Simmons says:

I’m all for giving less popular and more obscure superheroes a *ahem* fighting chance on the big screen.  I wasn’t terribly aware of Henry Pym as much more than a secondary character back when I read comics, but as long as they have a solid script, I’m interested in seeing what can be done with it.

Mostly because I have a laundry list of characters that I want to see properly adapted for film at some point in my lifetime.

Grendel.  Madman.  The Flaming Carrot.  Please?

12. Think of Ant Man as a gateway to much larger things.  Sure his concept is a bit silly; but that fuels a lot of his inferiority issues and he tends to create overly ambitious science projects that go horribly wrong.  Makes for great cinema, that.

13. Hard to see how they can bring in Ant Man without bringing in the Wasp as well.   The Avengers could use more women in the lineup.

14. Get Bent says:

Could be a good vehicle for Chris Brown’s acting career.

/obscure Ant Man reference?

15. Breck Chumley says:

Ant Man beats women. Zero stars ever.