24 Responses to “A be-mulletted Eric Bana has some very useful advice for aspiring Olympic athletes”

1. Paul Mears says:

Eric bana was also in the Australian comedy film The castle…. tell em they’re dreaming!

2. RadioSilence says:

He was hilarious in Chopper. Well, apart from all the killing and maiming and being a general sociopath that is.

3. StunGod says:

You’ve never seen The Castle then. One of my all-time favorite movies, and definitely a comedy. I couldn’t watch Star Trek without thinking of Nero explaining about how your hair gets dehydrated during airplane flights. “It loses its moisture.”

4. Brainspore says:

Holy crap, I spent a year in Sydney back in ’98 and used to watch that show from time to time. I bet I saw him do that goofy act a dozen times but never made the connection to his later work.

5. Allen Boxer says:

I’m just glad you said ‘impression’ not ‘impersonation’.

6. Adam Brown says:

The Castle is a great slice of Australian life. Eric has another great line in it, where his character is amazed at a foreign TV channel, “kickboxing 24 hours a day!!!!”

7. mehennui says:

Poida!!

8. Jason Holland says:

I was quite young when Full Frontal was on, and I only remember watching it as it phased into Fast Forward. Good times.

Can’t remember much of the gags, but the Ray Martin impression that Eric did seems to stick with me the most.

9. Itsumishi says:

A few people have pointed out The Castle, but everyone seems to have missed Hulk, if that wasn’t a comedy I’m not sure what it was.

10. tim says:

He was also the main actor in a comedy called The Nugget.

11. Kimmo says:

It’d be fucken swoit if Bana won an Oscar and accepted it as Poida… that’d be such a cool shout-out to Aussies : )

Folks seem to think he didn’t do much apart from comedy before films – eg these two blog entries: Dool, Ustralian (have a squiz at the first vid at the second one) – but since I watched ABC, I was more familiar with his acting than his comedy; he had a long stint in a (quite good) soapie called Something in the Air.

While watching that, I realised, this dude can really act.

12. Vincent Bade says:

If you want an insight in to this man, and the Aussie male in general you have to check out “Love the Beast” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmkpsQmsRpI