The part where the actors arrive on set and say the words and do the things in front of the cameras? That is happening with the new season of Arrested Development, and it's happening today, according to Deadline, who is also reassuring us that everyone in the cast -- everyone -- will be returning. They will film 10 brand new episodes of the show, which will all lead up to a feature-length movie, all of which will be streamed on Netflix next year. In case you, an Arrested Development fan, were feeling less loved today, here is proof that you are loved. (via Geeks of Doom)

10 Responses to “We've been teased and taunted, and today Arrested Development finally (actually) went back into production”

1. robinite says:

omg, this sort of thing never happens! (outside of doctor who, i guess). AMAZING!

2. ehdubkay says:

woot!

3. Brainspore says:

Just in time to see George Michael and Maeby awkwardly struggle through their mid-life crises!

4. Paul Bryden says:

Remember, there’s money in the banana stand.

5. 5onthe5 says:

I’m less than psyched about this. I loved Arrested Development but I’m satisfied that it already fulfilled its comic potential. I don’t need it back, it’s perfect as it is.

Plus I’m a little disappointed in AD fans that they turned out to be the same people who want their favourite show from X years ago brought back. Hmmm.

• Brainspore says:

Yeah, I get you. That show pulled off an amazing feat: three seasons of absolute gold and a series of story arcs that played out to a hilarious and satisfactory conclusion by the end of the show’s run. It’s hard to imagine improving on that with a revival.

(Fingers crossed, though.)

• penguinchris says:

Seemed to me that it got canceled at least a half season or so before they thought they were going to end, and so crammed everything together in the end (instead of just cutting the story off like with Firefly).

Amazingly, not only did that work but it possibly even made it funnier than it would have been had they let it run a little longer.

However, both because I think they had a lot more material already lined up and because they handled the cancellation so well, I do have high hopes for the continuation. And I suspect that they’re structuring this so that there won’t be a valid reason to continue it past these ten episodes and the movie.

• jimh says:

Oh sure, the guy on the internet is disappointed in the guy wearing the five-thousand-dollar suit! COME ON!

6. grimc says:

Thank you, Qwikster. Without you, this probably wouldn’t have happened.

7. SAVE OUR BLUTHS!