What NASA fears most on Mars (image)

25 Responses to “What NASA fears most on Mars (image)”

1. Nash Rambler says:

We just had to power Curiosity with Illudium Pu-36, didn’t we.

2. Ramone says:

Even with the ChemCam, I think Marvin’s gonna win that one.

3. Warren_Terra says:

Really? You have a post and give credit to someone because they (1) made a joke that’s already been made a million times; and (2) did so by ‘shopping together two images made by other people, in the simplest way possible?

• pupdog says:

Man, you sure told them. How dare someone make a joke, ever.

• Xeni Jardin says:

I now see the error in my ways. I shall never ever make a joke or credit a notable artist who has made a silly LOLpic ever again.

• Boomer says:

Thank goodness for a voice of reason. I couldn’t agree with you more. Upon first seeing the cartoon I guffawed out loud and giggled like a school boy. It  made my morning, but thank the Ancients, you brought me to my senses. As one who considers himself somewhat intellectually competent — after all, I read Boing Boing and look up all the words I don’t understand — I realise I should frown on such nonsense; however, once the laughter is out there it’s really difficult to put it back into the can. Therefore, I promise to strive harder to devote myself to follow your role as an intolerant and humourless curmudgeon.

• theophrastvs says:

yeah!   how dare they attempt to amuse us?   …and the scale is all wrong.  (Martian trainers are all exactly 17.3cm in length)   and besides, where the @#$ is (Invader) Zim (and/or Gir)?? this is a serious oversight!

• mobobo says:

the simplest shoops are often the best, now turn that upside down frown around.

4. GuyInMilwaukee says:

I took this screen shot of GMA this morning reporting on the amazing “352-mile journey” that Curiosity took to land on Mars. Nice short cut NASA! I’m not sure what took them so long.

5. Boundegar says:

That pic is shopped!  I can tell by the pixels!

6. franko says:

i’m impressed with the attention to detail. i mean, the scale of Marvin in relation to the rover seems correct to me…. right?

• vonbobo says:

Meh- the sky crane would never be in the air by the same time that curiosity is fully deployed. It completely destroys the suspension of disbelief for me. I blame mohawk guy.

7. John says:

Oh goody! My illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator

8. OldBrownSquirrel says:

I’m a little surprised I haven’t seen any Ice Warriors yet.

This is because I am old.

9. chriscombs says:

In case anyone’s curious, the underlying illustration is from the February 2012 issue of National Geographic magazine… we ran this unannotated version on NG News over the weekend. It’s by Oliver Uberti and Nick Kaloterakis.

10. timquinn says:

and no one has mentioned Ray Bradbury either

11. I doodled the first thing that came to mind when I heard the rover was called Curiosity…