Gotye's YouTube orchestra remix of "Somebody That I Used to Know"

16 Responses to “Gotye's YouTube orchestra remix of "Somebody That I Used to Know"”

1. Gerald Mander says:

He’ll probably get a DMCA takedown notice from his record label.

2. SedanChair says:

STOP THIS CREATIVITY AT ONCE

3. Tai Steyn says:

Can’t view it. Thanks, GEMA. Protecting my sensitive German sensibilities from fair use and a remix by the actual recording artist.

4. nfojunky says:

That was actually really well done! I wonder if Beck is looking to do something similar by releasing his most recent album only as a collection of sheet music.

• tré says:

That would be amazing. Even more ingenious than his “put out a sheet music ‘record’ in 2012″ and Gotye’s “remix everybody who isn’t me” ideas combined.

5. anne cheevers says:

absolutely brilliant :)

6. noggin says:

That was great.  Inspiring, even.

mindysan33…Upon seeing link, along with so many other uke things on Youtube, that I’m convinced now that the “ukulele movement” + Youtube = the new Punk music.  Thanks for that link.

7. Listener43 says:

I much prefer this remix. The piece loses something in the original.

8. oasisob1 says:

1. This is awesome.
    2. How many people are in a position to have it removed for copyright violations.
    3. How many people who aren’t in a position to have it removed (or have ads run over it) will still try?

9. Robert says:

And of course this monumental mix of Paranoid Android

10. GrueHunter says:

I guess some people are OK with being filthy thieves who steal other people’s music.  Why would I buy the original when I can listen to this for free?  It’s exactly the same as taking a car.  A nice car, not your car.  They’ve devalued the artist’s entire catalogue.

I’ve calculated the value of the damages owed to the artist’s representative.  I respectfully demand the sum payment of the Moon and all its territorial rights in perpetuity.

11. noah django says:

ubiquitous?  this is the first time I’m hearing it.  like the other song says, “don’t get around much anymore…”

12. DeanCutlet says:

This brought a tear to my eye.  It’s an obvious thank you to fans, especially the ones that took the time to learn and play the song.  Gotye’s a wonderful man and artist.