Running away to Piers Anthony's house

12 Responses to “Running away to Piers Anthony's house”

1. stuck411 says:

Loved that podcast because I was a big fan of Piers Anthony through a Jr. High friend of mine. The interview with the author at the end  of the story was the greatest.

• mcarlson says:

My thoughts exactly. It made me think I need to go back and reread the Xanth novels.

• stuck411 says:

Loved the Xanth novels but loved the Blue Adept series better, because they actually had an end. Besides, what prepubescent boy didn’t like the way he described a half naked, female robot. (Though the scantily clad nymphs in Xanth were great too. Now I’m torn. . .)

2. cdh1971 says:

I enjoyed Piers Anthony in Jr. high and HS, albeit not in my top 10.

However, I didn’t know he had the sort of sense of humor that would move him to wear a tee-shirt printed  with ‘So many boobs, so little time’.

• Geoduck says:

Pretty sure that reads “books”, not “boobs”.  That said, it’s my understanding that Mr. Anthony openly and proudly considers himself to be a Dirty Old Man.

• jandrese says:

It’s hard to imagine him as anything other than a dirty old man given how some of his books read like a PG-13 version of an Anne Rice novel (but with puns instead of vampires).

• Jonathan Donald says:

ah, I think it says ‘books’

3. Mitchell Glaser says:

Incredible story! As moving and wonderful as the whole thing is, my favorite part is when the one nerd’s story, which is pretty good and he is rightly proud of, is utterly trumped by the second nerd’s story, which the first guy knows because it is a legendary part of the cannon. What a strange and fabulous convergence!

4. robdobbs says:

So Piers Anthony’s not dead?

I had a bad feeling when first saw this story. I’m glad i was wrong. Two of my favourite childhood authors in one day would be too much.

5. Logan Hill says:

thanks so much for the shout-out. i’ve been a boingboing reader for forever–and was really hoping you might notice. thanks, logan hill @loganhill33:twitter