A 34-year-old New Zealand man suffocated in a "a home-made helmet, which he was attempting to use to control devices in his home," according to Stuff.co.nz. I'm sure there is, well, more to the story. From Stuff.co.nz:
"Inventor's gadget may have killed him"
An autopsy was completed yesterday morning and police have since said the death was accidental.
A police spokeswoman refused to comment further on the circumstances surrounding the death which is now being referred to the coroner.
David Pescovitz is Boing Boing's co-editor/managing partner. He's also a research director at Institute for the Future. On Instagram, he's @pesco.