Pocket Dungeons: a 3D printable dungeon crawl game

14 Responses to “Pocket Dungeons: a 3D printable dungeon crawl game”

1. spejic says:

3D printed! Yes! It must be good then. Injection molding is the work of Satan. Extrusion is a vileness to be eradicated. Thermoforming is the downfall of nations. And don’t you dare even mention lost foam casting – once you start on that path, you will inevitably end up fornicating with barnyard animals and using crystal meth.

• Paul Renault says:

Also, you forgot to vilify just plain old just printing them on thick card stock – which have the disadvantage of being easy to recycle or to use to light your wood stove.

• Arian Croft says:

Not to mention that they’ll biodegrade or add to your compost ;-) Actually, these were printed in PLA, so you could technically do all of those things AND eat them….

• GrumpySteen says:

You rolled a 1 on your attack, so that’s a critical failure.  Now we’ll roll on the critical failure table… 13!  You have to eat your own character!

2. MrJM says:

I could see myself having as much, or even more, fun putting together a dungeon layout as I would have playing the game itself.

Which would make it like every dungeon-based game ever.

3. Adela Doiron says:

Now if you moulded everything out of candy and chocolate you could consume the dungeon as you play it.

4. sockdoll says:

So do people ever 3D print casting molds, so they can make multiples without 3D printing every single piece? Or is 3D printing that fast and cheap these days?

5. M Bourgon says:

Okay, so how much would it cost to pay someone to print and mail you a set?

• Arian Croft says:

There are some beta sets available on Etsy. It takes a while to print and paint them, but we’re organizing a kickstarter campaign and we’re looking into ways to get a bunch of sets produced so that we cvan get more out there and sell them at a lower cost. I want to keep the game available to the maker community and will continue to do so. However, I understand that not everyone has access to a 3D printer… yet ;-)

• Arian Croft says:

And, actually… my bad. There are beta sets of Pocket-Tactics (the sort of sister game to Pocket-Dungeons) available. Pocket-Dungeons needs a bit of polishing, but we’ll put some copies out there soon.

6. PrettyBoyTim says:

Nice idea, but I think I’ll stick with Lego Heroica.

7. Conan Librarian says:

Thanks, I was looking for something cool for my Prusa do to this week.

8. ceberle says:

Man replicates all of his bowel movements with 3d printer…Boingboing reporters flock to the scene to document, marvel breathlessly. Headline reads: “3D Printer Successfully Prints Third Dimension…Again!”