12 Responses to “Great Moments in Pedantry: Librarian critiques Twilight Sparkle's professional practice”

1. GoatLordMessiah says:

If you live in a library, you’re a librarian now?

• Good point.  Twilight is definitely more of a Grad Student, who lives in the Library, rather than an actual Librarian.

• Jonathan Badger says:

A grad student with an incredibly tolerant advisor, though. Twilight and friends managed to trash Celestia’s palace during the party at the end of Season 1 and yet she wasn’t kicked out of her program…

2. John Farrier says:

Woo-hoo! I got a Boing Boing link! Thanks, Maggie.

3. hymenopterid says:

That’s why I go to Pinkie Pie for all my reference needs.

4. eldritch says:

It doesn’t really strike me as a public library, though. It has none of the ordinary amenities. It’s more like an archive.

5. Chentzilla says:

Still haven’t decided if the Scientology ad in this context gives a vibe of “Be a better librarian with Scientology” or “Our beliefs are as made-up as the land of Equestria”.

6. B E Pratt says:

Maybe a bit off-topic, but I think at least the reference librarians will like this. I worked at the main library at UT Austin a number of years back and this story came down from the reference desk:
    An obvious undergrad came up to the desk with this question. “Uh, our teacher said that perhaps we should look at a book called, uhm, ‘Oranges and Peaches’. Can you help me find it?” It took a while for the librarian to realize that the book in question was, ‘Origin of the Species’ :)
    One other thing I remember noting is the number of freshmen who were baffled by the Library of Congress system. Early 70′s, that was.